Wanted Fj62 shifter complete with tunnel cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
I’m looking for a complete gray shifter for my auto conversion., and the floor plate. Also interested in a brake pedal assembly from a FJ62. I’d take brown if I can’t find a blue one

Let me know if you have a setup available

Great!!! Thanks

Not sure what cruiser you are working with. Footprint of the FJ62 automatic is the same as our 4/85 FJ60. Back to 11/84 in other markets. If you have a FJ60 in that range just plugging the manual transmission opening is all that is needed. The automatic shifter sits to the left of the inspection cover.

I have a couple FJ62 inspection covers here.
20220103_140812.jpg

Have a couple gray transmission shifters in another location. I didn't realize the brake pedal was different than a FJ60. I purchased a 87 pedal bucket just in case I ever wanted to change my FJ62 to a H55F.

Mine is 5/85. I’ll have to pull the carpet up. I know I needed a different plate on my 87 for the auto lever. Maybe I just used it to fill the hole😊. You or anyone have a pic of an FJ 62 floor where the shifter sits?

Edit- got a pic and it makes sense now. It’s been 10 years since I did the swap in the 87, so my memory faded

Last edited:
Mine is 5/85. I’ll have to pull the carpet up. I know I needed a different plate on my 87 for the auto lever

if you have the 5 sided trans cover or if the trans shifter boot is 5 sided versus 4 sided, the 62 cover is a direct bolt on

The three closest transmission boots are 4/85-7/87. Next is the previous version. The transfer case boots from 4/85-1/90 used the same opening. 8/87-1/90 transfer shifter was the two piece style.
PXL_20230426_195502456.jpg

My picture above shows a FJ62 inspection cover on top of the stack. One below is an FJ62 as well. The red down in the stack is off of an 87 FJ60. I have compared them and foot print and transfer is in the same location.

Got what I needed coming from ocho77.
Thanks everyone!

What transmission are you using?
I make a bolt-in linkage kit to work with most GM auto’s and FJ62 shifter handle

Last edited:
700r4 transmission.

How about a modified tcase shifter. I know I can make one to use the factory shifter, but purchase is easier😊

700r4 transmission.

How about a modified tcase shifter. I know I can make one to use the factory shifter, but purchase is easier😊

700r4 and 4l60e use the same architecture so this should work just fine for you for the transmission. Keep in mind it is designed to be used in in conjunction with my engine mount kit/placement. I don't make anything for the manual shift cases but I do make this bracket that locates the shifter pivot in the same place is it on the H42/H55/a440f, you would have to modify your linkages or use a twin-stick kit for a manual shift case though (with a vacuum shift case the stock shift rod works).
Again this assuming you are using my engine mounts/engine placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom