2017 LX570 (Keep or Sell) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shipping my modified 2016 GX460 to Greece to have as a summer truck (140K miles, bought new) and was going to take over driving my wife's 2017 LX570 (80K miles bought used 2020) assuming she was going to buy something smaller since the kids are a little older and we never use the third row anyway.

Drove a 2021 Cayenne GTS and it was awesome but she it wasnt as roomy as she was used to.
Drove a 2023 LX600 and it was WAYYY tight inside and not very comfortable

Drove a 2024 GLS450 and it seems like we're buying a new Benz.

My dilema is whether I should keep the LX570 as my daily now. We certainly dont NEED two three row full size SUVs. Its still a good portion of what I paid for it three years ago (got a GREAT deal) and I could go back to my roots and pick up a smaller/cheaper 4x4 to use when weather gets rough and daily one of my sportier cars all spring/summer/fall. I own a restaurant and the parking lot is not very friendly to wider/larger vehicles that I dont want to get their share of door dings/etc.

Of course I know that selling the LAST V8 200 series will result in regret down the road... and it does run like a top...

Anyone else have this problem?

IMG_0829.jpeg

I’d keep the 570, I’m not a fan of MB and absolutely love my LX600. Your LX has low miles and looks to be in prime shape.

Beautiful home by the way.

I’d keep the 570, I’m not a fan of MB and absolutely love my LX600. Your LX has low miles and looks to be in prime shape.

Beautiful home by the way.
Thanks!

The cars being in decent shape is on me... the styling of the home is all on my better half.

I have been burning some oil between changes but have a pvc valve waiting to go in likely on Wednesday since i've been so busy with work the past two weeks.
From what I gather that will likely solve the issue. Its a GREAT truck and I know it would be relatively trouble free for MANY years to come. Need to mentally justify having another full size beast as a daily driver.

Already had a small round of upgrades in mind if she was going to buy the smaller truck which I could still do but it would also be fun to explore some of the older classics like a Disco II or another G-wagen.

Thanks!

The cars being in decent shape is on me... the styling of the home is all on my better half.

I have been burning some oil between changes but have a pvc valve waiting to go in likely on Wednesday since i've been so busy with work the past two weeks.
From what I gather that will likely solve the issue. Its a GREAT truck and I know it would be relatively trouble free for MANY years to come. Need to mentally justify having another full size beast as a daily driver.

Already had a small round of upgrades in mind if she was going to buy the smaller truck which I could still do but it would also be fun to explore some of the older classics like a Disco II or another G-wagen.
As someone mentioned with passing it down... I live somewhat near by, lol.

personally I wouldn't get rid of the 200, it's very reliable and you'll have something when the Benz is in the shop

As someone mentioned with passing it down... I live somewhat near by, lol.

personally I wouldn't get rid of the 200, it's very reliable and you'll have something when the Benz is in the shop
I hear that!!

May not apply to the car my wife will be driving as it’ll have a warranty but my other daily is a 700hp 2004 CL55 that is known to need its personal/spa days for some TLC… the LX would be a dependable car to have around lol

I hear that!!

May not apply to the car my wife will be driving as it’ll have a warranty but my other daily is a 700hp 2004 CL55 that is known to need its personal/spa days for some TLC… the LX would be a dependable car to have around lol
What's your restaurant? Also, we've got a club for the DMV area if you haven't heard of it.
Capital Land Cruiser Club

I saw a ranking of cars by depreciation the other day. BMW 5 and 7 series and the MB GLS don't fare too well. I used to drive MB's and loved them and I still miss my 2006 E320 CDI (40 mpg was really nice) but I will never have another one. Keep the LX, you will need it when the Benz is in the shop.

Sell buy a 911 AWD.

Update!

GX is getting dropped off at the shipping company tomorrow!

LX is here to stay.

Was a tough decision but like many echoed in this thread... having a daily thats worry free (relatively) is tough to beat...

Will document its life either in this thread or will start a new one.

Beautiful. Love the color. I almost bought a GLS 550 six or seven years ago. Definitely will be on the list when it's time to replace my wife's car.
We wanted a GL450 years ago but we were expecting our second born and I wanted something I didnt have to worry about post warranty so we bought our 2016 GX460 new and its been a dream to own.

Glad to finally realize this dream and see how the experience goes!

I should start driving the LX this week. Tires were replaced last year but im looking forward to going to something more aggressive when these wear down a bit more (hopefully this winter but there seems to be plenty of life left....grrr).

Also looking to add Apple Car Play to the truck.

Any other upgrades that would make semi-daily use more enjoyable?

We wanted a GL450 years ago but we were expecting our second born and I wanted something I didnt have to worry about post warranty so we bought our 2016 GX460 new and its been a dream to own.

Glad to finally realize this dream and see how the experience goes!

I should start driving the LX this week. Tires were replaced last year but im looking forward to going to something more aggressive when these wear down a bit more (hopefully this winter but there seems to be plenty of life left....grrr).

Also looking to add Apple Car Play to the truck.

Any other upgrades that would make semi-daily use more enjoyable?
If you have the coin, a LRA aux gas tank would be a nice upgrade. I wish I added the 12.5 tank on mine during covid. 21inch rims are not my favorite, so tundra rims with some at tires would be a nice upgrade as well. I love the heritage bronze rims and wish they weren’t $1k each. Aggressive wheels on the lx imo transforms the look.

Edit. i actually really like the 20’s on your rig, and think some taller bfg’s would be a nice modification. Talk to your local tire store and see if they will sell your tires used on consignment for you.

If you have the coin, a LRA aux gas tank would be a nice upgrade. I wish I added the 12.5 tank on mine during covid. 21inch rims are not my favorite, so tundra rims with some at tires would be a nice upgrade as well. I love the heritage bronze rims and wish they weren’t $1k each. Aggressive wheels on the lx imo transforms the look.

Edit. i actually really like the 20’s on your rig, and think some taller bfg’s would be a nice modification. Talk to your local tire store and see if they will sell your tires used on consignment for you.
The plan is to either run 275/60/20 on the factory 20s or spring for some EvoCourse wheels and run 275/70/18 but I bought these 20s new and dont feel like selling them at a loss lol we’ll see.

I hear the larger sidewall adds to comfort also so its a win/win!

Good tip on the extended range tank! Will def consider.

Reactions: CT3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom