What did you do with your truck this week? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fred Flintstone trail fix

IMG_4551.jpeg

I learned a few things:
Steve Ceby taught me that two winches are better than one. Ryan Anderson that a clean roommate is priceless. Eric Forrest, Rob McGuire and Adam Ricci, that this GSTMR wasn’t the same without them there. Our whole Saturday trail 16 crew, that joy and good times can be found even in adversity ( breakage) with the right tools and spare parts on hand. Johnny and the Moonshine motels hospitality is second to none. And that that I truly enjoyed the folks I spent time with from, Old North State Cruisers, Upstate Cruisers, and the whole Toyota Land Cruiser family. What a great weekend.

IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8187.jpeg

IMG_8181.jpeg

IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8165.jpeg

IMG_8162.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg

Last edited:
Charlie’s Creek and Tray Mountain roads for some bratwurst in Hellen. Spotted a sweet 60 in Clayton and a diesel Prado on the trail.
IMG_1283.jpeg

Last edited:
De-snorkeled in preparation for a new windshield tomorrow. Added the expanded steel to the opening to keep the stray hair weaves from getting sucked into the manifold 🤣
IMG_8070.jpeg

Last edited:
Been wanting to do this for a while and finally got around to deleting the ARB turn signals. They weren’t wired anyway and never saw a need since the regular signals are still unblocked (maybe an Aussie regulation?)

My eyeball measurement of drilling the mounting hole 2” back from the opening was about 1/4” too far, so they are recessed a little more than I wanted. So these are French mounted with a little extra retreat.

IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_1322.jpeg
IMG_1334.jpeg

Last week: Hurricane Creek scouting run and played in the snow with kids on Max Patch.
IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg

Today: A little dirt road and massive burger in Saluda followed by a hike and waterfall.
IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

Drove the Trollpatrol up to Tryon Saturday and winched a monster red oak burl about 50 yards out of a ravine. Had to weigh a good 3k or so. I’m surprised the frame didn’t rip in half because I broke all kinds of recovery gear getting it out My alternator is toast and my batteries hate me now. Destroyed a snatch block. Even with 20k lbs of pulling power it took 5 hours. Felt great to get back in the woods again though
IMG_9399.jpeg
IMG_3454.jpeg

Where you going with that stump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom