What did you do with your truck this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Worked on the fuel delivery system over the last few weekends. New injectors, regulator, damper and fuel lines. Had to get creative when disconnecting these compression fittings that are buried at the back of the engine.
325643957_852447672676138_3360924206150081021_n.jpg

325608339_3114578708842414_1511406175629731991_n.jpg

Injectors (2).JPG

Injectors (3).JPG

Indeed I do !! Now what did you do?
Had fun! Remember that rock step after Panther Rock in Windrock we did a bunch of winching at GSMTR? There is a tree jutting out that caught me this weekend. Nothing a spare control arm and a strap for a fulcrum couldn’t handle (mostly).
FE600802-DC85-4970-9314-10B267826CAB.jpeg

Had fun! Remember that rock step after Panther Rock in Windrock we did a bunch of winching at GSMTR? There is a tree jutting out that caught me this weekend. Nothing a spare control arm and a strap for a fulcrum couldn’t handle (mostly).
View attachment 3223352
I've used the football/basketball technique to some success. Insert flattened sportsball into body panel area and then inflate.

I've used the football/basketball technique to some success. Insert flattened sportsball into body panel area and then inflate.
That was my first thought, but the air intake was just above the crease and interfered with placement. There is a smaller dent in the rear quarter that might get the ball treatment later.

I have also used this method after crunching in my right quarter/crushing right tail light at uwharrie. Got me close enough to reinstall a new tail light.

After waiting a couple years to get my motor back and a host of other curveballs this last year, I finally got to spend a little time in the garage. Hopefully I will make a little more progress this year.

6F82D91B-7A68-4AFC-A9DB-78409803C31E.jpeg

5036C1C5-A2E3-478E-8879-D3F9F2FB6F9D.jpeg

Got a lot done today. Was able to get the exterior all pressure washed, finished cleaning the interior, changed engine oil, transfer case fluid, and front and rear differential. Also got the driveshafts greased and the winch working again. Then filled her up with fresh ethanol free gas. Oh, and new air filter.

I’m waiting on a new ignition coil to solve my stuttering issues, then should be set.
3193D6BD-548F-4FC3-86D9-FDD1B13AC8F5.jpeg

More done today…checked/re torqued all my nuts and bolts, found several missing or loose. New wipers, fuel treatment, cleaned throttle body, floor mats to keep the heat down some, went through more electrical and ordered more parts.

Forgot how much I missed this.

Been out of town until this morning. Got back early today and had some parts waiting on me. Changed out my plug wires and coils and ignition coil. Also, got a new driver’s exterior door handle put on.

The new wires and coils cleared up all the issues I was having. Just waiting on a new distributor cap coming this week. Mine is cracked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom