AC line crimper tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the Amazon (first pic below) has more dies than the Mastercool one. Curious if the dies are interchangeable?

Can these be used for hydraulic hoses too, anyone know? My tractor could use some hose customization.

1684340152870.png
1684340201263.png

I received the crimper and tried it out. It is made in China as one might expect given the price.

IMG_6421.jpeg

It functioned as I think it should after watching a video. The hose cutter that came with it was a nice addition, seems cheap but was sharp and cut cleanly. The crimp seems tight but the edge seems rough. I will know in time if it holds.

IMG_6422.jpeg

IMG_6423.jpeg

Looks like the Amazon (first pic below) has more dies than the Mastercool one. Curious if the dies are interchangeable?

Can these be used for hydraulic hoses too, anyone know? My tractor could use some hose customization.

View attachment 3325153 View attachment 3325154
I'd bet the dies are interchangeable - Mastercool also sells the extra dies.

I would not use this for hydraulic hoses. I'm pretty sure the ferrules are made of thicker metal on hydraulic fittings and hydraulic crimps are more uniform around the ferrule. I think you can get reusable hydraulic fittings that you can install yourself without a crimper.

A/C hoses are 200~250psi. Hydraulic hoses for "light" equipment can be around 2000~3500psi... Completely different animals.

I've seen those reusable fittings for hydraulic hoses, with a long inner nipple and a screw-on outside clamping sleeve. Ingenious, but those are pretty expensive individually. And I don't know what the pressure limit is, maybe a limiting factor?

The issue I've run into with them is the additional size/length. There are places the DIY version just won't fit like the crimped version. Also that they typically don't have as many different configurations.

I'd have to look into it further, but the reusable ones typically meet the pressure requirements for the sizes they're in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom