Which TPMS for 2019 Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Can someone point me in the direction of which TPMS should I buy for a 2019 Land Cruiser? I'm looking for OEM quality but at a good value.

I need them for some 20" wheels that I'm installing on 'er.

Thank you!

-Scott

I prefer OEM because they work and no hassles.
4554FCD3-3B12-425D-8A6F-3895DCCB9DA9.jpeg

I just replaced mine with Autel. All my cars are running them for years.
NOTE that you'll need the programing tool to but that is one time expense and it can do a lot more like activating and reading any oem sensor (even for cars you never knew existed) copy, generating new id's, reading the car stored ID, and status or programming and resetting TPMS cell via ODBII for all the modern TPMS systems and some of the first gen ones.
Much easier to use than Techstream, hand held, Rechargeable, upgradable via USB to keep up with new cars.
Sensor valve option is rubber, silver aluminum, black aluminum.
Sensors inside the wheel are smaller than OEM.

Keep in mind that "Toyota" genuine packaged sensor is just a Pacific Industries PMV-C015 that you can get many other places for less money, and Denso sells the same Pacific PMV-C015 in a Denso box with their own part number. And with Toyota, you have to buy the fit kit pieces separately (nut, rubber seal, metal washer) for each wheel.

Nothing else out there compares to the longevity and quality of the original sensors, whether sourced from toyota or saving money with (OE supplier) Pacific Industries parts in Denso boxes. For some parts this isn't as important, but a faulty sensor here means opening the tire/wheel to service it.

Also don't assume amazon units aren't counterfeit, at least one member here has been burned by that.

@Perfectmax you'll need to think about programming the vehicle to the new sensors. This can be done a couple ways.

Keep in mind that "Toyota" genuine packaged sensor is just a Pacific Industries PMV-C015 that you can get many other places for less money, and Denso sells the same Pacific PMV-C015 in a Denso box with their own part number. And with Toyota, you have to buy the fit kit pieces separately (nut, rubber seal, metal washer) for each wheel.

I know you know this but someone coming along later may not, the PI/Denso number is specific to certain years. This will work for 19 but people should verify the numbers before assuming it will work with other years. I know for a fact the earlier rigs use a couple different numbers.

Apologies if this is a dumb question but do these get replaced when you get new tires or are they a replace when broken type of thing?

Also, by way of sharing info, even stock sensors (including Pacific or Toyota and Denso repackaged ones) need to be programmed into the vehicle with Techstream or similar code tool (I've personally only used Techstream, but have read about others).

Apologies if this is a dumb question but do these get replaced when you get new tires or are they a replace when broken type of thing?
Break or battery yes, but some people try to beat the clock and pick a tire change to do them preemptively instead of waiting for them to fail one by one and opening the tire/wheel each time.

Mine were still working to 6 years 132k miles, but I switched tires/wheels and figured it was time to refresh them.

Some people report getting to 8-10 years.. probably depends on mileage too.

Break or battery yes, but some people try to beat the clock and pick a tire change to do them preemptively instead of waiting for them to fail one by one and opening the tire/wheel each time.

Mine were still working to 6 years 132k miles, but I switched tires/wheels and figured it was time to refresh them.

Some people report getting to 8-10 years.. probably depends on mileage too.
This makes sense, and thanks for the explanation.

This is great info, thank you guys!

There is really no such thing as plug and play with our TPMS. The ids need to be synchronized between the sensors and the vehicle. You either program the ids into the vehicle's computer, or you have to use hardware/software to clone ids of the original sensors onto the new sensors.

or you have to use hardware/software to clone ids of the original sensors onto the new sensors.
..which can’t be original.

The genuine Toyota/PI sensors must have their IDs coded in to the vehicle, the Chinese “clone” sensors that autel and most tire shops install can be made to transmit on the original sensor IDs by someone with the equipment but the trade off for that convenience is a drop in quality & longevity.

@Perfectmax The Carista module and app makes programming quite easy though you’ll need to get a temp subscription to the Pro level of service. Just be sure to make note of the alphanumeric sensor IDs before they are installed into the tires/wheels

Last edited:
I bought 4 of the Densos linked above from Amazon for $32 each. Took them and my new to me 18" Tundra take-off wheels/tires to my local independent shop and had them install / program them. Had to go back for re-program, seems only one guy there knows how to properly do the Toyota TPMS stuff, he said they are kinda tricky. Anyway, got'er done and all is working correctly. My air pressures on the dash readout match my analog tire gauges exactly. I have a 2013 LX570

All told, I think I saved about $200 doing it this way over just going to a shop and having them install some aftermarket sensors. More than $300 from a dealer and Costco is $260, I saved about 40 over Costco...

I've been looking at replacing all 5 tires on my 2018 LC and I want to use OEM TPMS sensors. Some tire shops I have talked to say they can handle programming the OEM sensors, some say they can not. Those that say they can not program them add that I'll have to go to a dealer to get them programmed. No surprise here. I just called Heritage Toyota in Catonsville, MD and they gave me a price to program 5 new TPMS sensors as follows: 2-3 hours at $165/hr.

So how long would it actually take a dealer to program 5 TPMS sensors? Anyone have any idea?

I've been looking at replacing all 5 tires on my 2018 LC and I want to use OEM TPMS sensors. Some tire shops I have talked to say they can handle programming the OEM sensors, some say they can not. Those that say they can not program them add that I'll have to go to a dealer to get them programmed. No surprise here. I just called Heritage Toyota in Catonsville, MD and they gave me a price to program 5 new TPMS sensors as follows: 2-3 hours at $165/hr.

So how long would it actually take a dealer to program 5 TPMS sensors? Anyone have any idea?

Bout 5 minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom