200 series picture thread (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

El Lago del Cráter

1661985856405.png

1661986093006.png

1661986228948.png

It's about 1+30 south for us. Definitely close enough that we have zero excuse not to have climbed every trail!

The water is like no other blue I've ever seen. No filtering or post-production edits. That's the real color.

1661986602670.png

1661986685295.png

I am having their new front bumper installed with a winch, the Baja Designs light bar for that bumper and the two Baja Designs S2 Pros.

Also a Gamivity custom rack. All getting installed next week, will post some pics of course. Getting heavy as well.
that'll be really nice! I'll watch for the pics

Reactions: SSG
love to hear more details about these fender flares
These are the flares installed by Gulf States Toyota (one of the private Toyota distributors) at port to many of the early 200 series in Texas, LA, MS, AR, and OK.

I read somewhere they were made by Bushwacker, they seem to fit decently. Initially, I planned to remove them but after the positive offset wheels they don’t look terrible. I saw a set for sale in the classifieds recently, many people remove them.

Found some dirt roads on my way home from @sleeoffroad. About 60 miles of ruts, washboards and rocks. The bumper is solid, no rattles. I think my weak link for noise is my dometic fridge wire baskets - need to figure out a solution for that. Aux fuel tank has already been very handy traversing Wyoming where fuel stations can be sparse.

IMG-1026.jpg

IMG-1037 (1).jpg

Stopped by the dealer to look at a new Tundra with mods they had on the lot and had to laugh when I turned around to get back into my 200. They were prepping for a customer to pick up her new 4runner.

View attachment 3102682

That's some VIP sh** right there. I remember when I bought a lexus IS from Carmax many moons ago they put a giant bow on it.

It’s hard to get the fridge racks to not rattle.

I've never had one not weighted down with beer. ;)

Seriously though, I've never heard my ARB fridge rack rattle. That would be a pretty loud noise if you can hear it from within an insulated box at the back of the truck.

Stopped by the dealer to look at a new Tundra with mods they had on the lot and had to laugh when I turned around to get back into my 200. They were prepping for a customer to pick up her new 4runner.

View attachment 3102682

I can only imagine how much the poor 4Runner buyer must have overpaid to make that circus "worth it" for the dealership.

It’s hard to get the fridge racks to not rattle.
I think my weak link for noise is my dometic fridge wire baskets - need to figure out a solution for that.

The fix is super simple:

1. Pick up some clear, 1/4" tubing.
2. For each basket, cut four 1/2" pieces of the tubing.
3. Cut each piece of tubing lengthwise.
4. Wrap each piece of tubing on the wire basket in places where it contacts/rattles.
5. Give eatSleepWoof a cold beer. (Critical step towards comprehensive, democratic, anti-rattle defensive measures.)

Last edited:
I stopped drinking 18 months ago so that probably has something to do with the fridge being emptier lol.

The fix is super simple:

1. Pick up some clear, 1/4" tubing.
2. For each basket, cut four 1/2" pieces of the tubing.
3. Cut each piece of tubing lengthwise.
4. Wrap each piece of tubing on the wire basket in places where it contacts/rattles.
5. Give eatSleepWoof a cold beer. (Critical step towards comprehensive, democratic, anti-rattle defensive measures.)

Thanks! great idea. I love the BC area. Next time I'm back up there I'll have to drop off a cold beverage for you.

@Tex68w, @OregonLC I don't drink but I do try to keep the fridge full of water at least - reduces the rattles and I think the fridge is more efficient? I have the dometic 75 which seemed like a good idea at the time but it's way more fridge space than I need for the shorter trips I typically take. When empty the baskets rattle pretty bad. I may replace it sometime - good to know your ARB doesn't rattle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom