layout for 78 2F desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim
Which BVSV can I plug with the kit I purchased from you? I seem to have 2 plugs I’m confused where to put them? I also purchased desmogged carb for this.
Thanks
See post #1 for drawing showing which BVSV remains connected to vacuum.

Picking at this 78 topic a bit more. I have a may 78 Cal fj40 that I have owned since the 90s. During recent head gasket replacement discovered multiple components needed replacement. After looking thru multiple threads I am unable to locate any desmog info on a 78 california fj40. my distributor has a single ret vac port. and carb has a TP and EGR port. So the supplied schematic wont work. any tips would be appreciated.

Picking at this 78 topic a bit more. I have a may 78 Cal fj40 that I have owned since the 90s. During recent head gasket replacement discovered multiple components needed replacement. After looking thru multiple threads I am unable to locate any desmog info on a 78 california fj40. my distributor has a single ret vac port. and carb has a TP and EGR port. So the supplied schematic wont work. any tips would be appreciated.
Toyota use to have a manual for just smog and had the different requirements. I think mine came with Federal smog set up. When I get back home, I can look in the manual for California spec.

I had removed all of my smog equipment and vacuum hoses when I put a Rochester 2 jet and header on mine. I ran like that with both the original 2F and the 155F. I even replaced the distributor with a non retard version from SOR.

I am running Jim C’s desmog, previous owner had a pretty ghetto setup going on🙄. Jim is truly the high priest of tuning the 2F/carb rebuilds in my opinion. I have substituted non rubber tubing for all vac connections. Arizona heat will trash rubber lines.

Toyota use to have a manual for just smog and had the different requirements. I think mine came with Federal smog set up. When I get back home, I can look in the manual for California spec.

I had removed all of my smog equipment and vacuum hoses when I put a Rochester 2 jet and header on mine. I ran like that with both the original 2F and the 155F. I even replaced the distributor with a non retard version from SOR.
On mine I plugged the retard and connect the advance to carb. Desmogged setup.

Interesting as Jim had once told me the OEM ‘76 Aisin carb was one of the best Toyota used on the 2F.

Good point, I think my ‘78 emissions manual has Cali-spec, I will check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom