Rear bumper bolt size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a shop cut off all rusted bolts to remove rear bumper.
They told me I needed 1/2 x 13 x 1 carriage bolts & 1/2 x 13 x 1 1/4 other bolts.

Are these correct or should they be metric?
I tried a search but couldn’t find the definitive answer

Thanks

Don’t tell anyone, but I used sae carriage bolts on my bumper. Probably explains why I’ve had so many troubles getting my 55 to run right. Don’t remember the size. Just went to lowes and got them. Seems like 1/2 is too big though. Maybe 7/16?? Whatever they were, they worked fine.
Do you know if 7/16 fit? 1/2l is too big?

s-l300.jpg

Toyota Part Number 90112-10016

Don’t let these plebeians talk you into using inferior non-OEM bolts.

If the packaging doesn’t say Toyota on it then it doesn’t belong on your Toyota!

Wow, gotta be kidding.

Your local pragmatic plebeian
He's messing with you. Those are the only ones still available from Toyota: $4 each and chrome. .....not that I haven't considered buying them. :eek:

Don’t tell anyone, but I used sae carriage bolts on my bumper. Probably explains why I’ve had so many troubles getting my 55 to run right. Don’t remember the size. Just went to lowes and got them. Seems like 1/2 is too big though. Maybe 7/16?? Whatever they were, they worked fine.
Went to True Value and splurged on stainless steel when redoing my Pig. Don't remember if I cared whether they were metric or SAE. Nobody's pointed out my carelessness since then. I could care less.

McMaster Carr is a very simple online source. For all kinds of stuff. Try them!
I love McMaster Carr. I placed two orders last week. Having said that, they don’t have M12-1.25 carriage bolts.

But they do have M12-1.75 IIRC.

FWIW- I just ordered the factory bolts from toyotapartsdeal. They were like $5/per.

FWIW- I just ordered the factory bolts from toyotapartsdeal. They were like $5/per.
Just curious; are you going to use them as is or paint them? I assume you have the OEM painted bumper and not the OEM chrome bumper?

Just curious; are you going to use them as is or paint them? I assume you have the OEM painted bumper and not the OEM chrome bumper?
I will probably paint them, depends on which bolts I use

Not sure if you were asking me. The price includes metric, carriage, and plated. Using them on painted bumper as they come.

IMG_4587.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom