What did you do on your 70 series today? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday I swapped in a new radiator from a jeep yj into my pzj 75 , worked out really well . And I'm only into it for about 60 bux , this old truck is well beyond wore out so I can't justify spending alot of cash on it . The old rad was rusted out on the sides and wouldn't hold coolant anymore , now its ready for another load of wood .

20220605_184232.jpg

20220605_120817.jpg

20220605_112201.jpg

20220605_120817.jpg

20220428_165925.jpg

Fitted some angled spacers behind the gauges on my dash pod so they would face the driver a little more ( you can reverse them if you drive on the wrong side of the car) I also fitted a new Aisin 80 series brake master cylinder as the aftermarket generic one I started leaking. I can actually lock the wheels up now.

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

Also a guy on instagram drew this up for me.

IMG_0886.jpg

Cyclist will love you...I like being able to see that a car is about to 'right turn me' when I'm next to them.
That just might be the reason why European 60's and 70's have the extra turn signal in the fender

That just might be the reason why European 60's and 70's have the extra turn signal in the fender

I was wondering if mine was naturally an indicator or had been modified to be one. In any case, it's nice having it as an indicator.

Info available for that gauge pod?
SAAS SGP1209 Gauge Pillar Pod, RHD Troopy '85-'09, Dual

This is what fit my my hzj77. I got it from cruiser brothers, but you can also get them off eBay (Australia), and I think cruiser outfitters may have them too. Just make sure you get the right one. I initially bought the wrong one.

The price of diesel fuel was scheduled to go up again so I decided to add another 39L to the tank before the price increase.
I drove around that day doing errands and then parked the LC in the garage.
The next morning when I open the garage door I smelled diesel fuel and found a small puddle under the truck.
YES... it was dlesel fuel.
Inspected the fuel tank and there were drips about every 7 seconds; so I placed a collection bucket beneath until I decided on a course of action.
Living here in the Philippines lowering the tank without a floor jack or lift makes the job more difficult along with 95* and 85-90% RH.
Since the tank had about 75-80L of fuel; I decided to take the truck to a shop my friend knew of....
They drained the tank and removed the tank while I was watching; we inspected the tank and found a pin hole.
We drove to the welder and had the hole brazed. Upon adding a little fuel; another pin hole was found.
What is interesting is the shape of the pin holes; which are perfectly round.
This morning we are going to have the other hole brazed and hopefully the tank will be liquid tight....
Problems are to be expected on a 30 year old truck, but here is the PI; they are a little more difficult to resolve.
I will post an update later today and hopefully it is a positive one...

UPDATE:
Another pin hole was found and brazed, tested and the tank is holding liquid.
The shop installed the tank and my friend picked up the truck around 830 pm (he knows the shop owner).
The brazing of the tank was $12 and the tank draining, removal and installation was $30.
Interesting side note is now the tank fuel level sensor reacts quicker to changes in fuel level; I am sure there was debris on the bottom of the gauge or on the float after 30 years.

Last edited:
Suspension questions for input please…

While I’m working on the Hzj75 fire truck I’m looking at suspension options.
The back springs on this fire truck are thicker then a corn fed heifer and the fronts are pancaked.

State side there is OMemu and dobbisons available. Anyone had any experience with the terrain tamer parabolic’s that they released for the 75s ? Worth it ? Are they available here in the US ?
Obviously I did not get a 75 to be comfortable but if I’m going to redo the springs I’d like to just do it once.
Air bags worth looking at ?
This truck will have a steel trey bed and not ever carry a lot of weight
I’d appreciate any input if anyone is willing to share.
Do we have a terrain tamer distributor here in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom