Diagnostic Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIC JET

GOLD Star
Threads
Any recommendations? Wife and I just returned for a road trip and about an hour from the house after 500 miles check engine/contact dealer popped up and I was hoping I could avoid a trip to the dealership.

Any recommendations? Wife and I just returned for a road trip and about an hour from the house after 500 miles check engine/contact dealer popped up and I was hoping I could avoid a trip to the dealership.

Start with a trip to Autozone. They will let you borrow their code reader and print out whatever it finds. They also have a decent selection of readers for sale.

There are plenty of OBDII readers that can read general codes.
If you want Toyota specific stuff - TechStream, read on ...

hardware is easy:
USB dongle on amazon, ebay, etc.
Wireless dongle Amazon product ASIN B078N34ZPW
software a bit more complex:

A nice general use Bluetooth reader is OBDLink MX+ available on amazon with overnight shipping. Use your phone app (Torque, etc.).

And... How old is your battery?
Oops didn't see it was a 2020.

Last edited:
Check out this thread as well.

Carista is a good bluetooth module, and the basic app is free to use, if somewhat slow. Big advantage over other BT adapters is you can temporarily upgrade to the paid "pro" version of the app and program TPMS transmitter IDs if/when needed. Will work with OBDFusion app for dashboard display or if you prefer their code read/reset capabilities.

Then there's the big daddy, techstream. As talked about on this board not all physical adapters will allow live data or TPMS programming.. for that you need the VCX nano or whatever it's called.

I see no reason to use a generic wired code reader these days.. we have much more powerful options for much cheaper.

Found my old Scanguage II. Cleared it P0441. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

I have this Autel AP200 arriving today, paid $69. Suppose to be equivalent to their $500 units but you use your phone instead of their big tablet device. Has brand-specific packs that reads all the modules etc. Will update with how it is this evening.

Excellent. Just move the wheel less than a "click"or you could be doing it all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom