Iron Man Pro Foam Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone rocking Foam Cell Pros and OME 864 springs? I bought the 2” constant load kit from Metal Tech back in Nov of 2018. The rear was initially pretty high but it has settled more than I was expecting. I sold my RTT and am going to be going drawers and rear bumper. I don’t have faith in my current rear springs.

Would love to hear what combos you got for some weight in the rear.

Anyone rocking Foam Cell Pros and OME 864 springs? I bought the 2” constant load kit from Metal Tech back in Nov of 2018. The rear was initially pretty high but it has settled more than I was expecting. I sold my RTT and am going to be going drawers and rear bumper. I don’t have faith in my current rear springs.

Would love to hear what combos you got for some weight in the rear.

I run that combo.

With drawers full of gear and rear bumper and swing outs it still sits a bit high in the back. While the extra departure height helps with clearing some obstacles maybe the 863 would be better option if you don’t have constant 600+ lbs behind the rear axle.

I run that combo.

With drawers full of gear and rear bumper and swing outs it still sits a bit high in the back. While the extra departure height helps with clearing some obstacles maybe the 863 would be better option if you don’t have constant 600+ lbs behind the rear axle.
I didn’t mention it, but I also plan on towing a 16’ aluminum fishing boat as well. Sounds like there shouldn’t be an issue with the 864s but some may prefer 863s

Nolen, what part numbers are the FCP’s you run on the pigs? Thx

Yesterday in preparation of a roadtrip I remove what I beleive was the original shocks on my 99 LC with 188,000miles and replaced them with the foam pro's as well as greasing everything I could find in the driveshafts and changed the diff and transfer case oils. I still have the stock springs in place. The difference is a night and day improvement . With the old shocks every bump right down to the cracks filled with tar could be felt in the truck. It was almost like the tires were WAY too high pressure. I'd get random clunking on corners and every time you hit the gas or slowed down there would be little clunks. It didn't bounce down the road but the shocks were definitely well past their replacement date. With everything finished it feels great. It's definitely not a sports car but it corners better, no more random vibrations and the clunks seem to be gone. Things like little potholes can still be felt but they just a minor bump not the jarring bang that I originally had. Little cracks can't be felt at all. It's easily the best change I've made on the truck since I got it.

All of the work was done using a pit and was a solid 12 hour day as the only bolts that came out were the lower rears. Everything else was so rusted it was cut off. The rear uppers absolutely sucked to deal with. I can't imagine doing it laying on my back in a driveway.

Now make sure you put some nice soft coils in the back to not ruin the ride. I don’t like any of the Ironman coils. All are too tall and too harsh.

OME 865/866 are my go to

Now make sure you put some nice soft coils in the back to not ruin the ride. I don’t like any of the Ironman coils. All are too tall and too harsh.

OME 865/866 are my go to
I've got a set of the TOY013B-100 which are their 0-440lbs springs that I'll try first and will see how I like the ride when I get the rear bumper and spare back there. Rear springs are trivial to change If I need a change down the road.

They will be fine. They are designed for lifted trucks and they possibly could bottom out.

Pick up a set of used OME rear springs (got some $125 OME 860)

Adjust torsion bars up about 1.5" and add tires later.
I got through 15 pages and only saw two sprinkles on this topic. Anyone use these shocks on the front with no additional front weight?

My cruiser has fcps on all four corners with 2866 coils. I have sliders and about 250 lbs of constant load in the rear. My rear center hub to fender is 22” and the front is 21”. The ride up front is complete ass. Crazy bounce off a small bump. The suspension shop advised that ar the current front height the shocks are too long. All other suspension components in good order.

Anyone else experience this? Is everyone else higher than 21”

I got through 15 pages and only saw two sprinkles on this topic. Anyone use these shocks on the front with no additional front weight?

My cruiser has fcps on all four corners with 2866 coils. I have sliders and about 250 lbs of constant load in the rear. My rear center hub to fender is 22” and the front is 21”. The ride up front is complete ass. Crazy bounce off a small bump. The suspension shop advised that ar the current front height the shocks are too long. All other suspension components in good order.

Did you change the springs

Did you change the springs
Rears are 2866 which have been on the vehicle since I swapped my suspension with iron man’s on all four corners about 25k miles ago. Only thing I’ve touched recently on suspension is replaced rear foam cell (non pro) with pros

Stock torsion bars or IM TB?

The shocks are 0”-2” lift and at 21” hub to fender in Front- you are with in the designed range of shock travel. But if you have stock torsion bars, that’s too much lift on stock TB and could be the reason for more jounce.

Stock torsion bars or IM TB?

The shocks are 0”-2” lift and at 21” hub to fender in Front- you are with in the designed range of shock travel. But if you have stock torsion bars, that’s too much lift on stock TB and could be the reason for more jounce.
Stock torsion bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom