Delta VS Radius Arms (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be sure to get a caster reading before and after the arm install, if possible ;)
Alignment shops are busy in my area and appointments are days/weeks out :censor: with weekends being a no-go. Any DIY methods to measure caster angle? I really want to baseline my rig before install, but the waiting game is annoying.

Alignment shops are busy in my area and appointments are days/weeks out :censor: with weekends being a no-go. Any DIY methods to measure caster angle? I really want to baseline my rig before install, but the waiting game is annoying.
you could measure pinion flange before and after? and coordinate with caster at a later date.

Is everyone saying the correct way to isolate front issue or rear issue is to pull the front driveline and then drive with CDL locked (ie activate the button)?

If you pull the front shaft and drive with CDL locked and the vibration is gone you can be fairly certain it's the shaft. Not 100%. But close.

Is anyone running the 3L version on 35’s? I bounce between 35’s and 37’s and can’t decide what would be best? The reg 3” or the 3L?

Is anyone running the 3L version on 35’s? I bounce between 35’s and 37’s and can’t decide what would be best? The reg 3” or the 3L?
we've been running 3L on one of the shop rigs for a while now. it has General X3 Grabber 35s, no issues with those.

CD97D303-46BB-4EB9-AC0A-75B532FFD715.jpeg
Delta 6” arms with roughly 4.5-5” of lift. Obviously they take a beating and shrug it off. The extra castor angle (about 5.5 deg) plus the hydro assist makes her feel stable. More like slow and predictable.

Looks like one of DS control arm bolt flange is bent or loose.....
IF you're talking about this (circled in the pic), a little "slop" allows more flex. I'd say from the look of the arms that flex from use might have "adjusted" it . ;)
baldilocks DVS LCAa.jpg

Last edited:
917CB78D-5955-45E6-B1AD-BDFFB12DDDAF.png
This is an example of bent but not loose.

This is an example of bent but not loose.
That's kinda what I meant. It was probably straight before, but "self-adjusted" for more flex as the driver (you) tackled tougher and tougher obstacles. IIRC, one of the 1st tricks to getting more flex (articulation) out of the stock front axle was to remove the front bolt on one LCA. Only on the trail of course. This was way before DVS's arms and I believe Tools R Us (Kevin) was involved in discovery or research on it. I even think a pin was fabbed that would replace the bolt so as to make it quick and easy to pull or re-install. Anyone else remember this or am I hallucinating....o_O

yes, "hitch pin mod"

You’ve recappped all it is. The landcrusisr is of itself.
That's kinda what I meant. It was probably straight before, but "self-adjusted" for more flex as the driver (you) tackled tougher and tougher obstacles. IIRC, one of the 1st tricks to getting more flex (articulation) out of the stock front axle was to remove the front bolt on one LCA. Only on the trail of course. This was way before DVS's arms and I believe Tools R Us (Kevin) was involved in discovery or research on it. I even think a pin was fabbed that would replace the bolt so as to make it quick and easy to pull or re-install. Anyone else remember this or am I hallucinating....o_O
As stated above. I’m not inclined to compromise the strength of my suspension in the name of greater articulation.

You’ve recappped all it is. The landcrusisr is of itself.

As stated above. I’m not inclined to compromise the strength of my suspension in the name of greater articulation.
Yeah, I agree. Articulation may get you more traction, but if strength is compromised, the results may not be positive. Thank you @Heckraiser for remembering the name of the the mod. At the time I read about it I thought, what might be the results on a trail? Never tried it and probably a good thing I didn't. Tricks can sometimes backfire, but thought it worth mentioning. One thing's for sure, DVS arms are not a trick, but the result of solid engineering!

Yeah, I agree. Articulation may get you more traction, but if strength is compromised, the results may not be positive. Thank you @Heckraiser for remembering the name of the the mod. At the time I read about it I thought, what might be the results on a trail? Never tried it and probably a good thing I didn't. Tricks can sometimes backfire, but thought it worth mentioning. One thing's for sure, DVS arms are not a trick, but the result of solid engineering!
Push you rig to its limits and give back.

we've been running 3L on one of the shop rigs for a while now. it has General X3 Grabber 35s, no issues with those.
Is that on a stock front driveshaft? I wasn’t sure if I needed to source a DC shaft, as if I’m going to mod it, I’m going full send. Just ordered a set of 3L for the TurboTank

Any ETA when the next batch of the 3" standard length arms will ship? Thanks alot

Any ETA when the next batch of the 3" standard length arms will ship? Thanks alot
I paid almost 2 months ago and not a single reply ever again. They were quick to respond initially when I was inquiring about the wait time. I know they’re busy but customer support should be there especially if there’s a long wait time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom