Radius arm press tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I need to replace caster correction bushings with stock bushings.

I have a 20 ton press and experience with this kind of work. What are people using for press bushings? I have a minimal set of random bits of steel and sockets, but nothing purpose made.

I'll probably use this once and put it on the shelf for my kids to liquidate when I die. :)

I see Slee has a bushing press tool for $25 that I'd buy in a heartbeat, but shipping is over $30, so that feels weird.

Does anyone have recommendations? I don't have a lathe to make something custom, so off the shelf options are preferable.

I've got a piece of pipe about 4 inches long that I had a friend turn down to the correct outer dimension for this job. To be honest though I usually just grab a large socket. I have one or two cheap ones that fit perfectly.

Mark...

60mm OD?

I just used a piece of pipe. But I probably turned it on my lathe to fit....sry.
This the perfect excuse to buy a lathe. :grinpimp:

Does anyone have one I could rent/loan?

Do yourself a favour and get a cheap set of press/pull sleeves. I got one off ebay like this:

Dirt cheap for what it is, and still plenty strong enough to get the job done. Covers a wide size range so you'll get more use out of it.

borrowed a large socket set from autozone...told em what it was for and they were fine with it. Worked perfectly. I still do use that method but on occasion I've also pushed the old ones out by pressing the new ones in, using hollowed out bushings from my collection as an adapter between the press and the new bushing.

I appreciate all of the terrific suggestions. I called Slee to ask if there were any less expensive shipping options and ended up buying all of the bushings from them too. The shipping for bushings and tool was almost the same as shipping the tool alone.

I don't want to do any WE bashing, but I will say that I don't order from them anymore. I prefer to spend with vendors like Slee and Cruiser Outfitters, whenever possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom