Noob radius arm reinstall question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished up pressing in the OME radius arm bushing that came in my 2.5 lift. Not too terrible, worst part was getting out the old bushings that were cemented in after 320k miles. The issue that I’m running into now is I’m a good inch or so off line to try and get the bolt holes to line up. Currently I have the front 2 in and can sort of use the arm as a lever and push it up and it rotates the axle a bit, but as you can see I’m pretty far off. When I took off the arms I had ratcheted up the axle but now when I went to install I noticed the straps were completely loose. I’m trying to figure out the geometry in my mind, but is there any sort of axle rotation method I can use to get these to line up?

IMG_1571.jpeg

Ratchet strap axle to axle or axle to crossmember. Pull till close to alignment. I’ve placed a long bar in axle Bracket between housing and arm and used as leverage to rotate housing and raise back of arm. 6’ iron digging bar is ideal. Crowbar should work too. Less ideal is strapping to location and then using jack under arm but it likes to slide.

Remove the rear most bolt from the axle side. Than install the frame side bolt. And lastly install the rear most bolt on the axle side.

Use ratchet straps.
Use a floor jack under the arm for the last bolt.
Use a long punch or something like this to align the holes.

download (3).jpeg

I used a little come-a-long and pry bars.
Get creative.

Thanks for all the help! Between ratchet straps, a jack, and a BFH I was able to get it all lined up. This was my first time doing this job so I was a little nervous to start cranking and pulling on stuff without consulting the experts first
Next time only take out one at a time.

+1 this is key.

Curious tho how your straps came so loose.
But nevermind.
Happy Trails! :cheers:

Definitely the way to go for next time, fingers crossed next time being delta arms or something like that. The reason I had them both out was to use the second as the "jig" for lining up the bushings, but I know there are other ways to do it with measurements, etc. Live and learn!

I think at least the rear bushing is 90 degrees out. If you matched the factory arm and they were that way then they were probably the original bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom