UC chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This time it paid off just to stop by and approach a stranger. Two years ago when I was looking to buy a 40 the FedEx guy came to my house and saw my Land Cruisers. He told me about this truck sitting in the woods for years that he thought was a Toyota that looked like an old Jeep. He show me where the guy lived so I drove out to pay them a visit. At the time he was not willing to sell the truck because he said his son wanted to restore it. Got a phone call Sunday night from the guy saying he was retired now and wants to move back to Virginia and wanted to know if I was ready to buy it. Can’t believe the guy kept my number.

ECE98243-24C7-4CB5-877A-4A2EE11FF9BF.jpeg

Yeah, not a fan of that delete... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that sharing a chassis with the Tundra means we will see the 300 in the US.

This time it paid off just to stop by and approach a stranger. Two years ago when I was looking to buy a 40 the FedEx guy came to my house and saw my Land Cruisers. He told me about this truck sitting in the woods for years that he thought was a Toyota that looked like an old Jeep. He show me where the guy lived so I drove out to pay them a visit. At the time he was not willing to sell the truck because he said his son wanted to restore it. Got a phone call Sunday night from the guy saying he was retired now and wants to move back to Virginia and wanted to know if I was ready to buy it. Can’t believe the guy kept my number.

View attachment 2712740
Nice score! Looks like a late model too 🤘🏻

Whats interesting is the truck is all Sky Blue under the rattle can paint job but there is one spot on the firewall over the trans hump behind the heater box that looks Medium Blue. The hood and one kick vent were red at one time.

Good night so far. Found an unopened bottle of Long Branch hidden in a cabinet, and these road legal beadlocks are a thing. I don't think I need them, but seems like a nice option.
1625278874401.png

Good night so far. Found an unopened bottle of Long Branch hidden in a cabinet, and these road legal beadlocks are a thing. I don't think I need them, but seems like a nice option.
View attachment 2720233
1625279034515.jpeg

Yes they are a thing I have a set! DOT legal rock monsters

View attachment 2720233
Just start shopping for a tow rig and trailer, and some 1 tons for your green 80. It’s a slippery slope

Just start shopping for a tow rig and trailer, and some 1 tons for your green 80. It’s a slippery slope
Give me a year to enjoy the lockers as is. I do need to move up to 35's though. 😁

Map showing possible high speed rail service

1626178156241.png

from the article:
"Imagine a two-hour train ride between Atlanta and Charlotte going at speeds of 220 miles an hour."

In North Carolina, the preferred corridor follows the Norfolk Southern right-of-way for 10 miles on dedicated passenger tracks, potentially operating at speeds of 80 to 110 miles per hour, from Charlotte Gateway Station to the Charlotte airport station before transitioning to a new greenfield alignment just west of the Catawba River crossing. From the Catawba River, the greenfield alignment extends for approximately 15 miles passing southeast of Belmont, N.C., to a station at South Gastonia near the state line. This route serves three stations in North Carolina: Charlotte Gateway, the Charlotte airport, and South Gastonia. Once on greenfield alignment, this corridor can sustain speeds of up to 125 miles per hour using diesel or 220 miles per hour using electric propulsion, planners said.

In South Carolina, the preferred corridor continues along a greenfield alignment for 65 miles, passing east of Kings Mountain State Park to a route paralleling Interstate 85, approximately 10 miles to the southeast, then diverging westward to a station near the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport. From the airport, the corridor returns eastward to parallel I-85, approximately 15 miles to the east, for 50 miles to the state line at the Savannah River with a station in Anderson, S.C. The corridor can support speeds of up to 125 miles per hour (diesel) or 220 miles per hour (electric) throughout most of South Carolina until reaching the first stop in Georgia, planners said.

In Georgia, the preferred corridor continues for approximately 80 miles with a station in Athens.

View attachment 2729877
from the article:
"Imagine a two-hour train ride between Atlanta and Charlotte going at speeds of 220 miles an hour."

In North Carolina, the preferred corridor follows the Norfolk Southern right-of-way for 10 miles on dedicated passenger tracks, potentially operating at speeds of 80 to 110 miles per hour, from Charlotte Gateway Station to the Charlotte airport station before transitioning to a new greenfield alignment just west of the Catawba River crossing. From the Catawba River, the greenfield alignment extends for approximately 15 miles passing southeast of Belmont, N.C., to a station at South Gastonia near the state line. This route serves three stations in North Carolina: Charlotte Gateway, the Charlotte airport, and South Gastonia. Once on greenfield alignment, this corridor can sustain speeds of up to 125 miles per hour using diesel or 220 miles per hour using electric propulsion, planners said.

In South Carolina, the preferred corridor continues along a greenfield alignment for 65 miles, passing east of Kings Mountain State Park to a route paralleling Interstate 85, approximately 10 miles to the southeast, then diverging westward to a station near the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport. From the airport, the corridor returns eastward to parallel I-85, approximately 15 miles to the east, for 50 miles to the state line at the Savannah River with a station in Anderson, S.C. The corridor can support speeds of up to 125 miles per hour (diesel) or 220 miles per hour (electric) throughout most of South Carolina until reaching the first stop in Georgia, planners said.

In Georgia, the preferred corridor continues for approximately 80 miles with a station in Athens.
How likely is this that they build it?

View attachment 2729877
from the article:

I have seen a similar map of another route I believe they were looking at Running parallel to Highway 11. Not sure how they would make that work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom