UC chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You trying to stalk me or something. :)
Spotted this Monday afternoon on way home near downtown Greenville turning onto Park Ave. from Stone Ave....I was in my '89 FJ62 sitting at light!

Thanks to members old and new for your service. Whether you have participated in only one, or led a group, thank you! @promofzj80 is our current honcho for this reoccurring project and has done a dang fine job. It’s about time for someone else to step up, so let me know if you are willing to take the torch.
0C934F73-1A25-4656-B406-B51DC6F9434C.jpeg

Air injector pump went out on the sequoia. Was not a cheap fix!

20210313_070348_HDR.jpg

Not able to bypass?
I assume not. Had absolutely no.power going up any type of grade. Would have fixed it regardless. I need 70k more out of this vehicle.

Looking to meet up with an uncle from 'Bama somewhere around Ellijay, GA this Friday/ Saturday and then explore a bit on the way back along the GA Traverse. PM me if you can recommend any campsites somewhere within 30-45mins from the township of Ellijay, GA.

Rich Mountain Wilderness or Chattahooche National Forest ?

Looking to meet up with an uncle from 'Bama somewhere around Ellijay, GA this Friday/ Saturday and then explore a bit on the way back along the GA Traverse. PM me if you can recommend any campsites somewhere within 30-45mins from the township of Ellijay, GA.

Rich Mountain Wilderness or Chattahooche National Forest ?
Take Hwy 52 east as you leave Ellijay. Head north (take a left) on Big Creek Rd (look for the Dollar General), it eventually becomes Double Head Gap Rd. Take a right onto gravel FS-42 Blue Ridge Rd. This goes towards Springer Mtn.

I’m new to the CPAP game. Anyone else use one and take it with you camping? got any tips?

I’m new to the CPAP game. Anyone else use one and take it with you camping? got any tips?
I hate the thing, but can't get any sleep without it. Made a world of difference when I first started using it 15+ years ago. Not so bad if car camping. I have a Goal Zero Yeti that I use to power mine at night. I can get 2 nights - maybe 3 if I stretch it - out of one charge. Those that have an aux battery system in their rig may be able to wring a few more nights out of it. The bad thing is that it has ruined any backpacking and camping opportunities for me. I have a young son in Trail Life USA and I always dread the backpacking trips because I have yet to figure out a way that you can do a multiple night trip and lug the CPAP. Even if you get on of the small CPAP machines (i.e. Resmed AirMini Portable, Transcend) you still have to find a way to power it. They make battery kits, but they do not last long. Charging while hiking isn't easy. Solar panels are your only real option and even then you will not get a full charge and it is just more to haul around on your back. That's my $0.02. I hope it helps you sleep.

My brother is shopping for a Tacoma. Do we have any friends at local dealerships? Figure he might do better with a referral vs walking in the front door.

My brother is shopping for a Tacoma. Do we have any friends at local dealerships? Figure he might do better with a referral vs walking in the front door.

We and several members of my family have purchased cars from Tim Deming at Auto IQ. They are located on Roper Mtn. Rd near the original Bucky's BBQ. They have a White Tacoma on the lot it appears. They will also shop the regional auctions if he is wanting something more specific.....good honest folks!

Was a Fj40 in the Baylor victory parade. Looks like a 40 anways.

fj40.PNG

Im still alive lol. I am in the beginning stages of 2 simultaneous launches with 5 total at work. Will not be around much but do plan to make the trip in July to Black Mountain. Hoping to bank some $$$ this year to put in the cruiser next year!

Hoping to bank some $$$ this year to put in the cruiser next year!
I'm in the same boat.

Cruiser has been down since December and I'm expecting Classic Cruiser to send my rebuilt alternator back soon. I figured it was a sign that I spend more time working the side gig and on the Land Cruiser this year so I could have more fun without the surprises next year. 😂

Does anyone happen to have the plastic cover for the bell housing inspection hole for an 80 series laying around they could part with? Mine seems to be missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom