Best option for FZJ80 rear locker (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

test

Thanks man. Look at my previous reply to someone else. My rig is pretty capable and college money isn’t an issue right now. I appreciate the input though.

Rig is too nice, and I really hope thats some sort of short sleeve on wire rope (???) if you’re running a metal roller fairlead.
If you’re on synth rope like the steel terminal looks, delrin rollers are really the choice (or a hawse).

And the running boards are still there.

If you’re real serious about needing more than the CDL, the boards gotta go & the flares are waaaaay too pretty.

Don’t get me wrong - hell, if it has low miles sell it to the overlander guys & get one already rashed with lockers, that’s just too pretty.

Or go nutz in it - I’m glad I never beat my black one like the 450 got.

Point being you have other things to do before your locker, and they are cheap.

Rig is too nice, and I really hope thats some sort of short sleeve on wire rope (???) if you’re running a metal roller fairlead.
If you’re on synth rope like the steel terminal looks, delrin rollers are really the choice (or a hawse).

If you’re real serious about needing more than the CDL, the boards gotta go & the flares are waaaaay too pretty.

Don’t get me wrong - hell, if it has low miles sell it to the overlander guys & get one already rashed with lockers, that’s just too pretty.

Yes it’s got sleeve. By the way, I’ve done some pretty crazy stuff in this cruiser. I just e

Okay thanks man. By the way, I have done some pretty crazy things in it. It’s just cleaned up for the pic. I’ll attach one of me in some water (looked worse in person!) before the snorkel oh and also some mud haha

BBDABE70-9264-47FC-A648-9CEA2BEA7427.jpeg

2B1856BC-675E-499E-813D-01EC43AE353F.jpeg

You convinced me - you need lockers for that kind of action.
Haha yep that’s what I thought. It may look really pretty when clean but I’m not mall crawling in this sucker.

Ditch the runners, search sliders - you’ll thank me if you consider this more than a disposable rig.

That kind of mud is honestly what I’d buy a Cherokee for, that water alone means you need a breather mod too - none are glorious, but your FAS will be fewer.

Hey!!!!! Another Chrome Package 96!!!! Not many of us!

Mud: You need a lunchbox locker.

It's easy that YOU can do it! Pull out the two axle shafts, drop the third, pull out the spiders, drop in the lunchbox, and in about 6 hours or less, you'll have an autolocker in there and be about $400 lighter in the wallet! You don;t even need to take off the tires to do this job!

Ditch the runners, search sliders - you’ll thank me if you consider this more than a disposable rig.

That kind of mud is honestly what I’d buy a Cherokee for, that water alone means you need a breather mod too - none are glorious, but your FAS will be fewer.

Alright alright I get it. I'm obviously not trying to beat the crap out of my cruiser but I'm still having fun. Considering I paid for most of the truck and all of the mods, I absolutely dont want to bang it up and be crazy off road. I was just wondering if a rear locker was a good option for some of the simpler rock, mud, and water stuff I do.

Hey!!!!! Another Chrome Package 96!!!! Not many of us!

Mud: You need a lunchbox locker.

It's easy that YOU can do it! Pull out the two axle shafts, drop the third, pull out the spiders, drop in the lunchbox, and in about 6 hours or less, you'll have an autolocker in there and be about $400 lighter in the wallet! You don;t even need to take off the tires to do this job!

Heck yeah chrome! I love my rig and the chrome it looks great. Thanks for the locker advice!

Heck, we're only 4-1/2 hours apart.

Look up above for the local Land Cruiser Club and get some help. There are a number of folks down there, even up into Wichita.

You don't get much for snow there, so the lunchbox locker will work well for you. I forgot if you did the Pin 7 mod or not, but it would be worthwhile to do it. Get another Hazard switch and install it that way. Cost of the switch is all and a couple hours (at most) of your time.

You can easily learn how to do this stuff! A handful of Harbor Freight tools and you'll be set!

Heck, we're only 4-1/2 hours apart.

Look up above for the local Land Cruiser Club and get some help. There are a number of folks down there, even up into Wichita.

You don't get much for snow there, so the lunchbox locker will work well for you. I forgot if you did the Pin 7 mod or not, but it would be worthwhile to do it. Get another Hazard switch and install it that way. Cost of the switch is all and a couple hours (at most) of your time.

You can easily learn how to do this stuff! A handful of Harbor Freight tools and you'll be set!

Yes I did the CDL switch mod! It was easy and on my skill level haha. I mean i installed my snorkel, arb bar, winch and wires and all by myself but it just takes me FOREVER and alot of googling.

Get the spartan auto locker. Have it mine. It's very reliable and effective. Also really cheap. I installed mine in a about 3 hours. Diff is easy to remove but a little heavy. have a friend help. The instructions are pretty straightforward. There are some write ups on here too.

Yes I did the CDL switch mod! It was easy and on my skill level haha. I mean i installed my snorkel, arb bar, winch and wires and all by myself but it just takes me FOREVER and alot of googling.
If you did all that, you can install the locker like this. (No R&P setup necessary!)

Yes do the Googling thing as well as the You-Tuber thing and get on the line to check your interwebs!

If you did all that, you can install the locker like this. (No R&P setup necessary!)

Yes do the Googling thing as well as the You-Tuber thing and get on the line to check your interwebs!

Thanks man I appreciate the help. I wasn't really sure how hard it would be and I didn't know if i was going to need to pay a mechanic. On a different note, is there any cruiser clubs around this oklahoma/kansas area that you recommend?

Thanks man I appreciate the help. I wasn't really sure how hard it would be and I didn't know if i was going to need to pay a mechanic. On a different note, is there any cruiser clubs around this oklahoma/kansas area that you recommend?

Look up above in the "Clubhouses" section. Find you region (central US), then OK.

We are the Tornado Alley Cruisers (TAC) in the KC area. We pull folks from Wichita, Columbia MO, and Joplin MO as well.

You're welcome to follow along, as we take trips to AR, MO, and KS for trips.

I have been doing trucks (other makes) for a LOT of years (I'm old) but I've done the LC thing for about 7 years. Best truck I've ever owned!

I'm heavily mechanical and not afraid to tackle anything on it (except an automatic transmission, body work, and paint)

Just keep searching this site, as EVERYTHING you want to do on your truck has been done and it's on here!

Look up above in the "Clubhouses" section. Find you region (central US), then OK.

We are the Tornado Alley Cruisers (TAC) in the KC area. We pull folks from Wichita, Columbia MO, and Joplin MO as well.

You're welcome to follow along, as we take trips to AR, MO, and KS for trips.

I have been doing trucks (other makes) for a LOT of years (I'm old) but I've done the LC thing for about 7 years. Best truck I've ever owned!

I'm heavily mechanical and not afraid to tackle anything on it (except an automatic transmission, body work, and paint)

Just keep searching this site, as EVERYTHING you want to do on your truck has been done and it's on here!

Sweet ill check them out. Yeah I've been looking for other cruisers to hang out with but theres not much on my campus. Probably aren't many 18 year olds that care about cruisers anyway haha

Nothing wrong with wheeling a nice rig. Don’t let Linus talk you into some beater like an XJ. Wheeling hard trails doesn’t mean you’re gonna trash the rig either. Just don’t drive like dummy and you’ll be fine.

back to my original suggestion, Aussie Locker would work great for what you’re doing and not break the bank. In fact it will probably help keep you from messing up the rig since you won’t have to work the rig as hard on obstacles.
good looking truck. Have fun with it.

take a look at TLCA.org and look at the chapter clubs in your area. Should be able to find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom