What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spur-of-the-moment getaway to Hattaras Island, dragging husband along. We got stuck at the Bay Bridge when they wouldn't let us cross with my kayak due to high winds, and at 17' it was too long to ride in the courtesy shuttle, so we left that in their building for the week and continued on our way.

IMG_20190417_193218393.jpg

IMG_20190417_192707694.jpg

IMG_20190417_192722822.jpg

IMG_20190418_111330522_HDR.jpg

My favorite AT. People with those KO2s have no idea what they're missing.
I'd love a set of the Toyo's but they are more expensive, and never on sale. You can get a set of 5 KO2's for less than $1k when costco and discount has sales throughout the year

With my K02's I'll be missing the Wahh-Wahh-Wahh of a MudTerrain- :cool:
And at least 1 mpg because the same size KO2's weigh 7 lbs less per tire. Seriously though, I have owned both and the Toyo only does 2 things better. I think it looks better and it is a lot better in the mud, as it should be. Everything else about the KO2 is at least a little better. Tire wear, noise, price, dry handling, wet handling, snow, ice, sand, car wash, shopping mall, you name it.

I'd love a set of the Toyo's but they are more expensive, and never on sale. You can get a set of 5 KO2's for less than $1k when costco and discount has sales throughout the year
Found a great price online and Discount Tire beat it.

Darche 180 awning came in, might do a short write up since there is little to no info for darche awnings on ih8mud. Mounts (3) are ridiculously strong for awning mounts.

This started because I had the arb 2500 and loved the awning but one of the aluminum poles bent. So I loved having the awning but wanted something a little more substantial. Pieced together my own load bars to mount to (gamiviti mounts, front runner slat extensions and end caps with the front runner fairing). Still installing on the truck, will update with mounted and open pictures

IMG_20190418_184845477_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190418_170156468_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190418_170346813.jpg

IMG_20190418_145355544.jpg

Last edited:
Got my last bit of maintenance done before the long trip to its permanent home in San Antonio. A simple oil change turned into an hour long job thanks to the gorilla at the Toyota dealership who torqued the filter to 1000 ft lbs last oil change when I first bought it a few months ago. After stabbing with a screw driver and turning a little bit at a time, I was finally able to get it off.

BTW anyone looking to do an oil change anytime soon, Costco has boxes of 6 qts of Mobile 1 for $28

Got my last bit of maintenance done before the long trip to its permanent home in San Antonio. A simple oil change turned into an hour long job thanks to the gorilla at the Toyota dealership who torqued the filter to 1000 ft lbs last oil change when I first bought it a few months ago. After stabbing with a screw driver and turning a little bit at a time, I was finally able to get it off.

BTW anyone looking to do an oil change anytime soon, Costco has boxes of 6 qts of Mobile 1 for $28
View attachment 1956382View attachment 1956383View attachment 1956384
Lift access, nice! Regarding M1 oil, you can buy a 5 qt jug at Walmart for 22.xx and then submit a $12 rebate to make it 10.xx before tax. There is a limit of 4, if you also buy M1 oil filters, the rebate gets bumped up to $17. Rebate ends 9/30/19.

Dropped my LX off at my favorite local shop, with the following items boxed up in the back:

Just Differentials Nitro UCA
Trail Tailor Extended Sway Bar Links
Trail Tailor Diff Drop
Tough Dog Torsion Bars
Tough Dog 41mm Front Shocks
Tough Dog Dual Rate 0-600# 2” Rear Springs
Tough Dog 45mm Adjustable Rear Shocks

(I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 13 years with AHC, but it is time for it to go)

Received the vehicle on Tuesday night. Front ~20.5" Rear ~23.0" and aligned just fine. It looked kinda silly with that much rake and it was driving a little funny.

Pulled AHC fuses to make the "blinky lights" go away.

Played around with tuning the rear shock settings, ended up at "5" (I think).

Cranked torsion bars to 21.5" and realigned. It looks and feels a good bit better now.

Dug under the dash, and disconnected the AHC ECU, replaced some of the pulled fuses.

Checked everything with Techstream.

Without the OEM steps, and no sliders yet, a simple 2" lift on 33" tires feels huge (or maybe it's due to the Camry rental car I drove while it was in the shop). For someone that really wasn't looking for a "lift", it's a bit of a change.

It feels a good bit different than AHC in its prime, but it feels much better than AHC with bad accumulators. Less harsh than the OME kit on my kid's LC was on a mostly stock vehicle, but firmer than a fully working AHC system. I don't notice much of a change in body lean, if anything it may have a bit more lean now.

The passenger side Nitro UCA still seems to have an annoying bushing squeak at the moment, that I will try to address over the long weekend.

Started on a more usable 4x4 Labs triple can mount. It's a solid kit, but I seldom carry 3 full cans. More to come... also scored a vintage Primus LP bottle.

20190418_220756.jpg

Added to my so-so build thread but will add here for more to see. From another MUD member added a little better wiper blade. Only the driver side, passenger on the way. Stock weren't that bad upon closer look, but the new are definitely more sleek. Plan on cleaning up the wiper arms and cowl with some SEM trim paint.

85222-53071
85212-0E020

20190418_153145.jpg

20190418_153153.jpg

20190418_153243.jpg

20190418_153303.jpg

20190418_153324.jpg

I’ve had good luck so far with my reman denso for a year or so

The factory rack and Yakima cross bars were not going to cut it in any off-road situation. The ikamper is just too big. Ordered the Gamiviti tower mounts and they are legit. Great product and great communication. Used some 80/20 I had laying around for the cross bars. Just waiting on the long side pieces I ordered from 80/20 to ship so I can get those mounted. Should make for mounting some area lights and my awning much easier.

View attachment 1952444
View attachment 1952446View attachment 1952447
So, for the middle mounts, were the holes already there? I have an LX...

That awning mount is SUPER beefy.

Darche 180 awning came in, might do a short write up since there is little to no info for darche awnings on ih8mud. Mounts (3) are ridiculously strong for awning mounts.

This started because I had the arb 2500 and loved the awning but one of the aluminum poles bent. So I loved having the awning but wanted something a little more substantial. Pieced together my own load bars to mount to (gamiviti mounts, front runner slat extensions and end caps with the front runner fairing). Still installing on the truck, will update with mounted and open pictures

View attachment 1956482

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom