1996 Landcruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, it’s been great but I have to let her go after almost 17 years. What can I get for a 96 L/C with 308K on the clock? Original engine and trans. Burns oil and I have a small brake fluid leak. I drive it to work everyday. Not trying to rob anyone, I just want to get what she’s worth. Thanks all!

Guys, it’s been great but I have to let her go after almost 17 years. What can I get for a 96 L/C with 308K on the clock? Original engine and trans. Burns oil and I have a small brake fluid leak. I drive it to work everyday. Not trying to rob anyone, I just want to get what she’s worth. Thanks all!

At least fix the leaky brake fluid so people won't low ball you for safety reason.

At least fix the leaky brake fluid so people won't low ball you for safety reason.

Thanks, all, for your input.

3C30121C-1EE6-4F14-8807-7E8459776982.jpeg

F9DB2109-DFFE-417E-B1BA-CBD080723533.jpeg

4EE51E05-EEA5-4F15-A853-630D756EFF34.jpeg

E1C669D5-95EA-4DC7-B3F4-8250AA93C7EA.jpeg

Why would you sell that? It’s got a couple little issues but it’s paid for and won’t leave you stranded somewhere most likely.

For not much more than a few months payments on a new truck you can have the engine rebuilt and get another 300Kmi out of her.
You can refresh the interior, radio, seats... all of it really.

looks pretty good so far

Looks like tan interior. If I could go back and start over I'd hold out till I found a burgundy with tan interior. Love that combo.

I'm torn between trying to talk you out of selling... and asking how much you want.

Why would you sell that? It’s got a couple little issues but it’s paid for and won’t leave you stranded somewhere most likely.

I know. I love the rig (I call it my tank) but I have a couple of twins that are turning 16 and don't want to have a driveway full of cars. :)

For not much more than a few months payments on a new truck you can have the engine rebuilt and get another 300Kmi out of her.
You can refresh the interior, radio, seats... all of it really.

Really? What is "not much more"? :)

Looks like tan interior. If I could go back and start over I'd hold out till I found a burgundy with tan interior. Love that combo.

I'm torn between trying to talk you out of selling... and asking how much you want.

Lol! Trust me. I really LOVE this truck and don't want to get rid of it. Sure it needs a little TLC but it takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

Really? What is "not much more"? :)
You can get an engine rebuild for ~ $4K. So if you bought a $25K used truck and where paying $450/month, you could spend less than 9 months worth of payments and have a "new" engine.
That sure beats 5 years of payments.
But if you're bored with the rig and just looking to move into something else... Its your money, have fun with it.:)

I totally understand what you are saying, but I just drive it to and from work everyday now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom