Widening Steelies questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stockton wheel widened mine to 10”, they have standard sizes of 8”,10” and 12”, in between sizes cost more because they are custom.

842A2CAB-8896-4404-A750-B1DEE8F89188.jpeg

4EDCE76D-CDED-4ADE-8E07-9C06910BD470.jpeg

You got about exactly what I want. Do you have a build thread?

Sorry, but no single build thread - just bits and pieces here and there in this forum, the Orion forum, the winch forum, and etc. I was either too busy or too lazy to do one when I was actually building it 10-12 years ago. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions though if you want to PM me.

Custom Fab by local shop. ARB compressor hidden below with air chuck up front, recessed LED and warn winch on top. Nice and snug, access port to adjust steering.

Not the best job, but I photoshopped 33 10.5 BFG KO2 on stock wheels onto my Land Cruiser to see what it will look like. New wheels should be here any day.

upload_2018-10-14_19-15-34.jpeg

upload_2018-10-14_19-16-16.jpeg

They are going to look sharp in black, it goes with all the colors

77Mustard40.jpg

Not associated with this person. But, these are available in Northern California on Craigslist. Widened to 10".

Fj40 Rims

How long have you run them? Are your tires wearing evenly?

Seven or eight years. The tires have worn surprisingly even. I run 35 psi on pavement.

Seven or eight years. The tires have worn surprisingly even. I run 35 psi on pavement.

X2... 1911 was one of the members that inspired me to make the change to stock steelies several years ago. I had 10.50 X 31's when I first sourced my stock wheels, upsized to 33's about 5 years ago. My KM2's have held up great and the ride is better on 33's than it was on 31's. I run mine with a quarter inch spacer just to help clear the tie rod boots on the DS, I tore one up off-road make full lock turns but no issues since.

I like the widened stock steelie look. I understood that Stockton was kind of the go-to place to have this done. But, didn't they go out of business a while back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom