Fj80 dual filler neck question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dariengear.com
Im looking to add an auxiliary fuel tank to the fj80. I already have the tank and I'm sourcing the rest of the stuff. I found a junk yard in Australia that's willing to sell and ship a dual filler neck to me, I just want to make sure it's the correct kind. A picture is attached. Note says is for the diesel models.. Is this OK or is there a dual filler for gas that I should be looking for? Thanks!

Screenshot_20181004-214358_eBay.jpg

Looks just like the one I used and it was the diesel variant, no real difference other than a larger fill opening for the diesel nozzle vs gas

Looks close to mine that came from oz (petrol)

dualf.jpg

The only 'issue' will be if there's the restrictor in the inlet and only if smog inspection is in your area and they are 'fussy'.

cheers,
george.

Out of curiosity, how much do they get for these shipped to your door?

If you are corresponding with a dismantler I would suggest getting a complete system, and source a petrol system for you.

Off the top of my head

Duel filler neck
sub tank mounting straps
Rear pigtail (to connect sub tank to NA cruiser harness )
Sub tank sending unit
Sub tank ECU (under the DS rear window in cargo area ‘94)
“A” pillar harness
Overhead fuel gauge
Dash switch
Short Filler pipe (connects main tank to duel filler neck)
Transfer Pump assembly

Diesel does not have the small restrictor flap that only allows the unleaded fuel.

Those with diesel duel filler necks. Do they have a mounting tab on the lower right ? Our NA cruisers have a threaded hole in the wheel well for mounting the fuel filler neck

Diesel does not have the small restrictor flap that only allows the unleaded fuel.

Those with diesel duel filler necks. Do they have a mounting tab on the lower right ? Our NA cruisers have a threaded hole in the wheel well for mounting the fuel filler neck

No inner flapper so I have a diesel. Mine does have the tab but dont remember a thread hole. With everything hook up It was solid and I saw no need to use it. :meh:

^ pretty sure you need a little bracket that goes from the threaded hole to the mating hole on the dual filler. I also didn't bother with it given how rigid it all is once the hoses are hooked up and didn't have the bracket anyhow.

Yep, the restrictor is a 'petrol thing' and in the US would only be an issue with 'fussy' smog testers. Not like you can dispense leaded fuel at a petrol station (at least in NA)... But regulations can be pedantic...

cheers,
george.

Yup, should work fine. I'm running a Diesel filler neck as well. Smog guys barely even look under the hood anymore...

Looks just like the one I used and it was the diesel variant, no real difference other than a larger fill opening for the diesel nozzle vs gas

Did you reuse your US spec gas cap, bought a new one, or did they send you a diesel cap for yours?

Yes, that's it.

I have the one without the "inner flap" and my stock gas cap worked perfectly.

FYI: If you need said inner flap to pass smog, I'm pretty sure you can attach the standard filler tube to the bypass. If not, it should be easy to modify. I didn't bother because I don't need to pass any sort of inspection.

Im looking to add an auxiliary fuel tank to the fj80. I already have the tank and I'm sourcing the rest of the stuff. I found a junk yard in Australia that's willing to sell and ship a dual filler neck to me, I just want to make sure it's the correct kind. A picture is attached. Note says is for the diesel models.. Is this OK or is there a dual filler for gas that I should be looking for? Thanks!

View attachment 1803884
Hello, i am form Holland and also searching a dual fillerneck for a diesel do you have a webadress for me so i can contact the junkyard of the still have any.

Thanks in advance Erwin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom