92 FJ80 AC Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

New to the community, just got my hands on a 92 FJ80. I purchased it knowing the AC wasn't working but wanted to get your input on diagnosing it as I am a complete novice when it comes to AC. AC button does not light up when engaged. The AC blows but no cold air.

Looks like it may have been converted from r12 to r134 based on the new fittings on the low and high fittings. Photos below:

20230717_185411.jpg

Based on the AC blowing but no hot air, and the AC button not turning on. Would you guys recommend me attempt to recharge the system with r134 and see if the compressor kicks in and the light turns on? Could it be a relay issue for the AC button not turning on?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

New to the community, just got my hands on a 92 FJ80. I purchased it knowing the AC wasn't working but wanted to get your input on diagnosing it as I am a complete novice when it comes to AC. AC button does not light up when engaged. The AC blows but no cold air.

Looks like it may have been converted from r12 to r134 based on the new fittings on the low and high fittings. Photos below:

View attachment 3376334

Based on the AC blowing but no hot air, and the AC button not turning on. Would you guys recommend me attempt to recharge the system with r134 and see if the compressor kicks in and the light turns on? Could it be a relay issue for the AC button not turning on?

Thanks in advance!

First thing I would do is pull a vacum and see if it leaks or holds. If it holds than recharge the system. Hopefully it works.

Than start researching and saving for a full ac system refresh and everything else the truck will soon need.

I just had issues with my AC on my 94. It would blow hot air when I thought the AC was on. But it ended up being a electrical issue and the actual switch for the AC in the cab was bad. Try holding down the button and see if it starts blowing cold air, if so your button is bad.

Mine green light illuminated but again the switch was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom