200 LC Front Bumper meets Chevy Malibu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like I might be installing the ARB bumper in my garage sooner than expected. Last night my wife took the LC to eat with friends and then proceeded to back out of a parking space without seeing the car next to her (No alcohol involved, just lack of attention). The Chevy Malibu lost the battle, but the factory front bumper did not fare well either. It looks like I should be able to salvage the parts of the bumper cover needed for the ARB bumper install.

Is there anything I am not seeing that could cause issues with the ARB bumper install?

LC Bumper 2.JPG

LC Bumper.JPG

Not sure about the ARB install but make sure you get the headlight casing checked. It doesn't take much to crack the casing with minor dents/scrapes in the front bumper, in my experience.

It does look like it might have pushed your quarter panel back a little. The leading edge of the hood and the quarter panel do not line up. Check the gap at the front of the passenger side door. Might need to adjust the quarter panel. Do this before you start the ARB install.

Have you looked at other bumper options than ARB? TJM and Trail Tailor, is pick either of those over the ARB. Trail Tailor is a complete bumper replacement so you completely remove the factory bumper, TJM might be the same. I need to let my wife drive my 200 more I’m itching for a new bumper and shed be bound to hit something before too long

28B6B6BF-58D6-42CB-ACB0-8913FF7CDC39.jpeg

Heat gun some touch up paint and a good buffing compound she will be good as new ;)

Somebody had to be the first person to say it...

Actually, you could improve it quite a bit by opening the fender liner, heating the damaged area on the bumper up and pushing it back into shape in the meantime.

Not sure about the condition of the fog, but you could get the bumper back to most of its original shape by yourself.

Somebody had to be the first person to say it...

Actually, you could improve it quite a bit by opening the fender liner, heating the damaged area on the bumper up and pushing it back into shape in the meantime.

Not sure about the condition of the fog, but you could get the bumper back to most of its original shape by yourself.

That is my plan for the moment. I am going to take the wheel and splash shield off this weekend and work most of the dent out. There is a sharp crease in the fog light housing that may not come all of the way out. I am decent at getting dents out out of plastic parts.

The fog light works, but the mounting bracket is damaged. Should not be a big deal to fix it.

Have you looked at other bumper options than ARB? TJM and Trail Tailor, is pick either of those over the ARB. Trail Tailor is a complete bumper replacement so you completely remove the factory bumper, TJM might be the same. I need to let my wife drive my 200 more I’m itching for a new bumper and shed be bound to hit something before too long

View attachment 1728006
I came across a really good deal on an ARB bumper when someone changed their minds about installing it. It has been in my garage until I do a suspension upgrade. My plan is to knock it all out at the same time.

Heat gun some touch up paint and a good buffing compound she will be good as new ;)
I am decent with a heat gun, but not so much on the paint. I will work on it this weekend and see how she works out. I did the rear bumper a few months ago after it met a rock. The crease came all of the way out and the paint is not too bad.

Any pic of the Malibu by chance? Did it look like a squashed sandwich?

I have a 2011 complete front bumper and fogs. Installed trail tailor bumper. Thanks, Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom