AT hose replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having a helluva time getting the hose on the fitting down behind the headlight, under the battery tray. Anyone have any tips? My bag of tricks is empty. I've found a few threads regarding a new trans cooler, but nothing about stock hose replacement.

97 FZJ 80

Thanks,

PK

Trouble getting the hose over the lip of a tube? I'm not sure what you're asking. Naptha or PSC1000 parts cleaner works great as a lubricant for any hose. Put some in a can or jar, dip the end, push it on the tube. Done.

I dipped mine in boiling water for just a minute and then lubed it well, was able to slip it on.

apply silicone spray to both the inside of the new hose and outside of the existing metal tubing

I had trouble just getting the hose started as its down in the nook between the wheel well and radiator support.

I ended up using a little silicone and heated it until it was warm to the touch with the heat gun. Was able to get it all the way on.

thanks for the help y'all!

I had the same issue when replacing my AT hoses. I ended up removing the bracket that the hoses go into and pushed the new hose on before reattaching it. Glad the heat worked, I'll do that next time.

Start removing parts from the truck until you can get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom