Cheap ARB look alike bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
D55B318B-4757-4F0C-96C8-6C6B4DB2B06E.png
Looks like I can buy and ARB deluxe style bumper from this company in Florida for about $800 before shipping has anyone ever bought one of these they look pretty good in the pictures but I’m just a little hesitant because there’s not a whole lot of comments or feedback on Facebook ????

I have a rear bumper (no idea on what generation) and a roof rack from these guys on my new-to-me LX470. Based on the quality I've seen and some issues I've had in just a couple of months of ownership, I wouldn't really feel comfortable buying their front bumper. Quality may have improved but the only real reason I'm getting a bull bar is for winching /recovery and I just would never 100% trust this in those situations. I'm a cheapskate and will buy a Smitty winch to make up for the cost of an ARB...but I'll be getting an ARB.

Certain things you can cheap out, armor is something you should not. Unless you have a mall cruiser, then it doesn't really matter.

I have a rear bumper (no idea on what generation) and a roof rack from these guys on my new-to-me LX470. Based on the quality I've seen and some issues I've had in just a couple of months of ownership, I wouldn't really feel comfortable buying their front bumper. Quality may have improved but the only real reason I'm getting a bull bar is for winching /recovery and I just would never 100% trust this in those situations. I'm a cheapskate and will buy a Smitty winch to make up for the cost of an ARB...but I'll be getting an ARB.
Do you have any pics of your rear bumper and roof rack? I have an LX470 also, and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger for a rear bumper from these guys.

Metaltech has a sale on Ironman bull bars last year, I think for under $900. I would just wait for another sale of theirs before buying the Chinese knockoff.

I was in touch with SoFlo several times over the course of last year. They seem like a decent operation and have sent me lots of pictures of their products. I'm just not convinced it's a good investment, despite the prices. For the money, I'd prefer an Australian-sourced copy of ARB (Ironman4x4, Dobinsons, Powerful 4x4, TJM etc.) if that's what I was after (I went with Ironman for the front bumper). At least those are required to be certified before they can be sold.

18486097_807665092716557_1933903857026134262_n.jpg

18620560_807663816050018_82030535198941263_o.jpg

lol buy an ARB. "Clone bumpers". I can tell you I've wheeled with other trucks with "clone" bumpers. Guess who kinked their fenders when the bumper buckled up into the body work?

Just because you don't wheel hard, doesn't mean you'll never be in a situation where you'll need good armor. It takes one slip up to find yourself on a slick trail with your bumper against a tree

For $800 I'd step up and buy the real deal... Just my opinion, ARB makes them right, supports our hobby, and continues to innovate. America has seen enough of the Chinese knock off industry to know the ramifications to keep buying the imitators who don't innovate.

Whew! I was starting to get concerned we didn't have enough copies of a repurposed bumper. This really scratches that "I kinda like Land Rovers, but wanted a Land Cruiser, but still want something that reminds me of a Land Rover" itch that was missing in the category.

Whew! I was starting to get concerned we didn't have enough copies of a repurposed bumper. This really scratches that "I kinda like Land Rovers, but wanted a Land Cruiser, but still want something that reminds me of a Land Rover" itch that was missing in the category.

Im selling Chinese quotes from your post.

Agreed with others here. $800 is a hefty investment still. Go real deal ARB or BIO or another good vendor here.

Special shout-out to Mike at BIO. I love my BIO rear bumper. Solid as hell and everything lined up perfectly. He lists an $800 raw steel bumper on his site, $950 coated. He also seemed ready and willing to modify some parts for any particular needs you might have.

I bought a rear bumper from soflo.
It's not that bad for the price. Had big fitment issues, it's heavy, bulky, powder coating coming off, you have to remove your trailer hitch.
Would I buy another one? NO
Would I recommend it? Depends on your budget and your purpose for the rig.

20160806_182304.jpg

Last edited:
@Leandro so you would recommend it but would not repeat the purchase? Sounds like a trustworthy recommendation

Custom Bumper For 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser BOIR bumper raw steel is $800 plus shipping... If it were me, I would support a 100/ Land Cruiser enthusiest instead of a chinese copy....
The tube bumper I got from BIOR was even less than that (I think it was $750 plus $100 for powder coat). I know they're not everyone's taste, but I'm really happy with mine and get compliments on it, and the lighter weight didn't necessitate a suspension upgrade..

IMG_20170722_122554969_HDR.jpg

@Leandro so you would recommend it but would not repeat the purchase? Sounds like a trustworthy recommendation
if you tell me that you need a bumper for cheap, you don't care how it looks and you just want it for your trail rig, then I would "suggest" the soflo bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom