'90/'94 CV's into a '97? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am due for new CV's and want to fit the Terrain Tamer grease valve ones. They only list these to suit '90 to '94. Will they also fit into a '97 that has been converted to free wheeling with no ABS ?

I think the 96 and up have a longer outer end that goes thru the drive plate

I am pretty sure that the 90-92 are shorter than the 93-97. Most of the aftermarket birfs RCV/Nitro etc. have two snap ring grooves cut into them so yo ucan run them with either drive plates or with locking hubs. I am not sure, but I suspect the TT birfs are the same way.

Early (pre-ABS) CV's are 8 mm shorter than later (ABS-ring) CV's. The difference is the centre shaft length.

Yes you can run later CV's in freewheel hubs and you do not need spacers (where do you get them?) for Aisin hubs if you cut another snap-ring groove in the splined area.

• The thickness of the drive plates on the front hubs were increased after April 1994 (build date). The new drive flange number is 43421-60040 and the old one is 43421-60022. If you try to install an earlier birfield into a later truck, you will not be able to install the circlip on the end of the axle shaft.

Early (pre-ABS) CV's are 8 mm shorter than later (ABS-ring) CV's. The difference is the centre shaft length.

Yes you can run later CV's in freewheel hubs and you do not need spacers (where do you get them?) for Aisin hubs if you cut another snap-ring groove in the splined area.

The difference is not due to ABS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom