Tip needed: Washer Reservoir Motor Lube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GoPats

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have a tip on how to and what to use to try and lube my washer reservoir motor? I managed to free it so now spins around under power, but squeaks a bit so want it to not burn out upon use. Or will washer fluid do it on use?

View attachment 1617385

Washer_Motor_2.JPG

I picked up a package of "Green Grease" at Lowe's. Came in a pack of 4 small tubes and is used to grease parts on pressure washers. It is water proof and it might do the job for you. Good Luck and post up if it works for you. I have to do that job on mine just as a preventative measure as I am doing all the motors during this rebuild I am in the middle of.

Rock Auto also sells that Anco pump motor for cheap. Works great with my CityRacer new washer bottle in my '78 FJ40. The new pump and bottle have resulted in decent squirters for the first time in 20+ years.

I picked up a package of "Green Grease" at Lowe's. Came in a pack of 4 small tubes and is used to grease parts on pressure washers. It is water proof and it might do the job for you. Good Luck and post up if it works for you. I have to do that job on mine just as a preventative measure as I am doing all the motors during this rebuild I am in the middle of.

I stopped at my Lowes and couldn't find any "Green Grease" (even with help from knowledgeable employee); maybe it's only available in certain regions?

I spent several hours cleaning my reservoir tank, getting the pump working and went to install it and the old dry plastic cracked! I ended up buying replacement that was identical to the one in my 77 for a very reasonable price. Complete kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom