Real time help fan blade Broke in Utah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've owned the truck about 6 months. When I bought the truck a baseline was done and I was told the bearings were fine.........
I'm learning this vehicle and have a long way to go.
When the cv axles were installed, would the mechanics not see the no grease? or are they sealed and not visable? I had asked them to check the bearings.
Getting ready to call Toyota that check my "fan bracket" and see what they say.

Or the guys who done the CV's thought it was a semi floating hub and thought the big nuts held the CV in place, and again just gunned them back up after there mistake.

well according to cruiser karma .and if i heard him correct , he was/is a vet . put that with his mud membership . and his labor bill with me is 1.00 $ .
Awesome... Good to hear from you again.

:cheers:

The plot thickens..... after a call to Toyota, the service advisor I had is no longer there. Apparently she was fired hmmm The service manager asked me to send him receipts and he would see what he could do. Now I sit and wait.

I've been reading this thread from the beginning.
One should be lucky to find a good mechanic nowadays. I have a habit of doing things by myself to make sure the job is done right. This could be the reason why my 25+ year old toyota car, 97 4runner and 00 Cruiser are still running like brand new to date.

Pro Auto in St George is our go-to shop.... @fj55-100 is "the man" and his team is awesome. Now, send my wife in to argue with them, and all @#$% breaks loose ;)

BTW: have new 5.29's and installs coming Thursday from @justdifferentials ...will drop by for setup along with a new Time Sert to replace the one I borrowed and am now keeping ;)

I've owned the truck about 6 months. When I bought the truck a baseline was done and I was told the bearings were fine.........
I'm learning this vehicle and have a long way to go.
When the cv axles were installed, would the mechanics not see the no grease? or are they sealed and not visable? I had asked them to check the bearings.
Getting ready to call Toyota that check my "fan bracket" and see what they say.
No he would not see, that the wheel hub cavity was not filled with grease, while doing the FDS (CV) replacement. What is generally done if you ask wheel bearing be checked, is they look for play in wheel hub.

When I do a FDS replacement I like to replace diff seal, hub flange & cone washers sometimes, and or reset wheel bearing preload all at same time, along with setting snap ring gap. The deepest I'd go in this event is maybe the claw washer possibly flipping or replacing. The hub cavity would still be hidden behind the small wheel bearing (outer bearing). If grease is seen in bearing there would be no concern.

One thing it does indicate, Toyota Dealers cleaned the hub of old grease. They rarely clean, only pack new grease in bearings.

The service manger only writes the work order, this mistake is on the shop. It happens, most time it's the lock washer they forget to lock. This I've not seen before.

Last edited:
Pro Auto in St George is our go-to shop.... @fj55-100 is "the man" and his team is awesome.

That is quite and endorsement. Added to my list. Good to know of a capable, Mud friendly cruiser shop in SW Utah.

That is quite and endorsement. Added to my list. Good to know of a capable, Mud friendly cruiser shop in SW Utah.

@abuck99 these guys are awesome! I will be driving from San Diego to Utah for any future issues.

good as new...

20171214_172657.jpg

@woody I'm no mechanic but something tells me that doesn't look right.

Update: I picked up the cruiser on Saturday and finished my cross country road trip in the hundy. Cruiser runs better than ever! Thank you @fj55-100 for taking care of me. It's nice knowing there are good mechanics and people out there! Thanks @woody for taking me to amazing shop! Now it's time to explore SoCal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom