Real Time Help Needed with 2000LC Gauge Cluster Dead following bulb replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, went to replace burned out illumination bulbs with LED for the display and some drive indicator lights and now no gauges. I've installed/removed half a dozen times or more, inspected the threads on the plugs and scoured all kinds of mud threads checking the 15A gauge fuse but nothing works so far except turns, bright and NDL2. No gauges at all. Not sure what to do next. Thanks in advance for the help!

The two plugs on either side are not fully seated. That bolt on each side pulls the male part of the connector into the female part of the cluster (if I remember the orientation correctly).

I think I snakes my arm/hand back thru there to hold onto the connector to assist the process.

I've wondered about this but not sure how to get my hand back there. It's pretty much fully enclosed. When I remove it each time the connectors don't want to let go. Wondering if there's any chance that the LED bulbs have anything to do with this. Gonna wait for daylight to fight this again.

I had the same thing when I did bulbs, one time a few gauges would work, the next time other ones. There's a sweet spot of seating it with the two bolts as they just pull the cluster onto the pins but then pass through and spin freely so you don't/can't crack everything by cranking them down too hard. Mine ended up having a bent pin, which sucked to chase down.

Pins look straight but you bring up a thought. Are you supposed to tighten the bolts until they kind of click indicating they have passed through? I've been tightening until they feel snug. Maybe I need to tighten further.

1000002540.jpg

Thanks! I'll have to try that sequence tomorrow and interesting that last picture of check pin. I'll have to figure that out. The right side seems to act like the FSM description but the left side seems tighter without going all the way through.

Ended up getting some help from my daughter with the light and it now works. I'm attributing this to the sequence and to understanding how the connection pins go all the way through the nut. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future. Thanks for all the help!

CCE486CB-6CC9-4E2A-9B57-67F6F8393876.jpeg

Moving the right direction now. Need to turn 2 LEDs. I think this will help with eye strain at night. It looks far better than the picture shows.

Your P(ark) bulb blown?

No. Car was off with parking lights on for the picture.

The drive light is dimmer than the others. Is that normal?

Mine the "D" does not light up and I like it that way.
I pulled the cluster to replace the door indicator bulb. When I put it back together I was able to get the wire plugs mounted first to the cluster and then did those A,B and C screws. Yes the bolt that holds the wire plug spins like the gas cap and it never makes a complete stop so I thought that's how it is made.

So, tried to get all the bulbs working & not sure about the light above the 3 on the tach. Looks dimmer both ways I insert the LED. Is that common with the LED conversion or maybe it’s not working at all.

21026FB3-75AF-45DE-91B0-FFA77FEDAA19.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom