Help with rust, SLC, Utah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all. I visited my folks in Utah over the holiday and noticed my Dad’s LX470 has a bit of rust appearing on the underside of the doors. Similar situation on the tailgate. The underside of the truck looks clean at a glance, likely attributable to weekly washes that include the underside.

Anyway, I don’t live in UT, and he’s past the DIY stage of life, so I am looking for recommendations for where he could take the truck to have this remedied.

Thanks!
Tighe

IMG_8583.jpeg

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8584.jpeg

its unusual for 100s to rust there, i am guessing the drains in the doors are blocked by something? at the very least spray some fluid film up in there to stop the rust from getting any worse

IMG_8356.jpeg
IMG_8357.jpeg

I just dealt with this on my lx470. If it’s the same, you need to pry off the lower door panel cover. The built in metal clips are likely your culprit. Be prepared to 3M erased wheel off the old glue gasket, reglue the broken nylon clips back where they belong, and 3M double sided tape the edges of the panel back on. If my car wasn’t so dark I’d have the same marks.

Fairly common on the LX's. I have a rust free Georgia truck with the same rust stains on the bottom edge of the door trim. I sprayed some ospho in the gaps to slow it down until I can address it.

I smashed mine up pretty good once, and was recommended a shop called Van Goes (Van Goghs?). It's been a few years, but that was in Murray, just a little bit south of SLC proper. I didn't shop around, and I have nothing negative to say about them...the damage was fixed to my satisfaction.

Appreciate the Ospho recommendation, as well as the shop in Murray. This website is the best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom