Should I pull it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
overhaulmedia.com
Noticed this 4 days ago. I keep waiting for the flat and wonder if I should pull it out but Ive never patched before. These lugs aren't small (285/75/16 duratracs) but I wonder how long this lag is.
22581900_1653587514736139_5364993045576024064_n.jpg

Pull it and plug it. Leaving it in will only damage the lug more over time.

Let us know how it goes...never know it might have been broken off and only 1/8" long.....
Just a suggestion. Instead of pulling with pliers try and unscrew it so to cause less damage.
And have a massive can of the tire fix in a can handy!

Take it to a tire shop, $20 and they'll fix it for you with a patch from the inside, which is better than a plug.
If there is no leak they will not charge you anything.

Take it to a tire shop, $20 and they'll fix it for you with a patch from the inside, which is better than a plug.
If there is no leak they will not charge you anything.
^^I agree with this. I've gotten both before and I've had 2 plugs blow out on me not long after getting them installed. I prefer patches over plugs. That's an easy fix

I've plugged MANY tires and never had one fail. I carry a kit in all my vehicles now. You could plug that without even removing it from the truck.

Never EVER put the fix-a-flat crap in your tires. It corrodes your rims and the next person that has to remove the tire will hate you. Makes a nasty gooey mess.

Pull it 4-sho.

I've plugged MANY tires and never had one fail. I carry a kit in all my vehicles now. You could plug that without even removing it from the truck.

Never EVER put the fix-a-flat crap in your tires. It corrodes your rims and the next person that has to remove the tire will hate you. Makes a nasty gooey mess.

I agree 100% with fix-a-flat.
I think plugs are a roadside repair until you can get it properly fixed.

I have done both, and for piece of mind letting a tire shop fix it is the better bet.

Had it at the tire shop today and sure enough it went all the way through. $50 for a patch from the inside and some peace of mind.

I was not looking forward to plugging for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom