Good AT Tires in 34ish size (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATwoZ

SILVER Star
Threads
I have some Duratracs in a 275/70/18 that are reaching EOL. Ideally I'd like to go a little larger, but know that about the max size I can probably fit in the OEM spare on my 200 is a 34.5.

I'm getting a bit lost in the mix of both tire options and available sizing. As much as I'd like to make sur eit can handle off-road capabilities, the reality is it will see significant non-pavement only a couple times a year. More often than not I'm looking for something that looks good, low noise for on-road and good all weather conditions (in CO, so tend to experience every weather known to man- often in the same day). Duratracs were good for looks and pretty good for traction, but I know that MPG suffered, and didn't always feel super stable at speed (only Q rated in that size).

I've looked at the Duratrac RTs, but they're a bit pricey and the 295/70/18 is a little wider than I initially wanted to go, and not sure I can squeeze the 285/75/18 in the spare location.

Destination XTs look good, but don't appear to have good size options beyond my existing 275/70/18

I've been hearing really mixed things on the WP AT series in terms of snow traction vs Duratracs, and new AT4s appear to be heavier etc too.

What are some other sizes etc I might not be thinking of (especially in the tall and skinny territory) and/or other tires that would be worth considering given my use.

Cheers!

Download a tire size calculator that gives the diameter of the tires as one of the specs. For example, I use this occasionally:

But beware that tire specs given by manufacturers are not always accurate. It's best to get on site proof of size before investing the $ they charge for tires nowadays.

Last edited:
Toyo at3? It's lighter than the wild peaks.
Bfg something?

I like the look of the milestar XT, don't know about its performance or loudness.

Toyo at3? It's lighter than the wild peaks.
Bfg something?

I like the look of the milestar XT, don't know about its performance or loudness.
I ended up going with Destination XT in my same 33 size. So far so good.

I ended up going with Destination XT in my same 33 size. So far so good.
Was gonna say 285/75 or the 295/70…I’ve run 8 sets of the Duratracs (some up to 78k) and aside from the occasional side wall complaint they’re about the best tire you can get on road, noise, wet and off-road. I’ve recently switched to the 295/70 Boulder MT (MTR successor) on my tundra. Noisier (more aggressive) than the DuraTrac but all around traction is great. Running KM2 & KO2 on the 40&60…both are excellent. Can’t recall what size we put on @Polecat 200, but he has a stock spare and it looks very sweet.

We have 6 tire and service locations in Denver if you ever need anything.

Was gonna say 285/75 or the 295/70…I’ve run 8 sets of the Duratracs (some up to 78k) and aside from the occasional side wall complaint they’re about the best tire you can get on road, noise, wet and off-road. I’ve recently switched to the 295/70 Boulder MT (MTR successor) on my tundra. Noisier (more aggressive) than the DuraTrac but all around traction is great. Running KM2 & KO2 on the 40&60…both are excellent. Can’t recall what size we put on @Polecat 200, but he has a stock spare and it looks very sweet.

Wrangler DuraTrac 295/65 R18 on my 200. Listed as 33.35” diameter. Easily fits in the spare location. As you said, it’s possible to squeeze a bit more up in there, but GY offers a ton of sizes.

1711893406322.jpeg

I wanted to give the Goodyear's another shot, and I had got my original Duratracs at a Goodyear location. However, talking with the location by me they refused to work on a rig with spacers and they just seemed like they were going to be a pain to deal with. I've always had good experience at Discount and thought I'd give the Firestone XT a shot based on Tim from Gamiviti's recommendation.

So far they're a lot quieter than the duratracs, lighter and ride much better. Will see how they are offeoad

Was gonna say 285/75 or the 295/70…I’ve run 8 sets of the Duratracs (some up to 78k) and aside from the occasional side wall complaint they’re about the best tire you can get on road, noise, wet and off-road.
I agree. Not currently running any, but love Duratracs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom