show me your beige cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beige Bump !

1982 Beige FJ43-2.jpg

:cheers:

Looks like 2 beige Cruisers in that picture. I see another in the background. Very nice!

Good eyes ! A year ago a friend bought a 1982 FJ43 hardtop and informed me that there was also a 1982 FJ43 soft top for sale, both the same color 464

2x beige.jpg

I couldn't help it

I've been toying with going another color when I repaint... but this thread is pulling me back toward straight up Dune Beige.

Here's mine as she stands in her original 416 livery... with the doors having been resprayed on the outside at some point.
051stance.jpg

She's changed a bit in the last year-and-a-half...

226shiny.jpg

So I have a question- my bezel is body color and appears to be original paint. Is this possible? It's a 73. It appears to be all original paint and the only part of the body that isn't biege(or rust) is the fiberglass top.

Archie

I don't know the answer to your question, but I will tell you that many years ago I saw a beige bezel that I would have sworn was original paint. And I get to look at a LOT of 40 series.

And it was a '73. An FST.

I'd like to see a picture but I'd guess it's not the original paint - Toyota never painted the bezels body color to my knowledge but I have seen some oddities over the years. I've see several original bezels is a light grayish color and I've seen Cygnus white and chrome.

I'd like to see a picture but I'd guess it's not the original paint.
Here's some pictures to let you know what I have. I'm not the original owner, so there's no telling if it's original. If the cruiser was resprayed, it was a good job. There's no sign of any other colors and no pealing. Nor is there any clear coat or overspray. The last picture is the only sign I have that it's possibly the original color, It goes straight from paint metal/rust.
IMG_2676.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG
IMG_2679.JPG

I don't know if I'd want it any other way really. I've had this truck since ~1994, so it's my idea of a cruiser now. Some day I hope to have it painted pretty like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom