Give me your most difficult…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
It would seem so easy, but it’s the biggest pain. There are some things on a cruiser that are just gonna be difficult. It would seem easy, but installs new hood latches on any 40 series is a pain. The lowest screw with nut and a lock washer is the biggest pain. What’s your difficult fix on a cruiser?

Upper door hinge bolts.
This. That top hinge, passenger side in between the glove box, fire wall, and a pillar. My hands are just too big plus you can only turn a spanner about 20deg max each time around. Plus you can't even see in there to begin with.

Pulling the transmission and transfer case as a unit from underneath while leaving the engine installed, using a floor jack and a piece of rope and working by yourself on uneven ground. Then reinstalling them back in. Such fun!

Maybe not the most difficult but the most aggravating is the generation divide at the parts store for some of the simplest of things. If the kid can't enter a year/make/model into his computer it's "we don't carry that", "not in stock", "not at the warehouse" and "are you sure?" And God forbid I don't want to give him my phone number! It's like a bygone era....or maybe it really is....

The dash pad.
Not because it's hard.
But because I'm lazy.

I don't want to loosen the roof, to prop it up, to fold the windshield, to get at the clips on the backside.

Mine has a plastic cover on it installed by a PO, and the glue has let loose. It looks like dogpoo

Remove and install oil pressure regulator fitting into engine block with exhaust headers in place.
Did this yesterday by beating a wedge between the header and block in order to get the clearance to tighten the oil line fitting. It sucked, but it had to be done and now it doesn't leak and I can drive it again.

There was not clearance to turn the nut of the AN fitting until I moved the header, tightened the nut then moved the header back.

Maybe not the most difficult but the most aggravating is the generation divide at the parts store for some of the simplest of things. If the kid can't enter a year/make/model into his computer it's "we don't carry that", "not in stock", "not at the warehouse" and "are you sure?" And God forbid I don't want to give him my phone number! It's like a bygone era....or maybe it really is....
To make matters worse, go into the parts store and ask for something on a 327 V8 in a 73 Toyota! I’m lucky to have a parts store that has some older guys working there. But if I have to go to the Oreilly, all bets are off!

Removing and replacing a fj55 tailgate door with the limiter that somehow goes back under the metal shield on reinstall.

Reinstalling the instrument cluster with the speedometer cable attached.

Or, conversely, attaching the speedometer cable with the instrument cluster in place.

No fair grinding off the lower ears on the instrument cluster shell!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom