What did you do on your 70 series today? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I started to do the suspension bushes on my troopy ,forgot how hard it can be on your own.
Got the front done and now I'm recuperating for a few weeks while I contemplate the rear.
I always wondered why the previous owner left a box of polyurethane bushes and some greasable pins in there when I bought it. It was ok for a while and then all hell broke loose.

Thanks. I had 20 done, used one and gave Steve Jackson 2 so I have 17 left and listed them in the jdm/diesel parts section for sale

Very nice!

Not much to report today, updated the design of my din slot switch panel to recess the switches like in an oe dash. Ordered two from shapeways to confirm it works.

Wired up my second fuse and relay box, hope to get it mounted this weekend.
20161028_194441.jpg

download_20161025_062507.jpg

Got a little time to work on the girl;

Installed Solar Converter to balance batteries and act as a 12v Power Source (truck is 24v). Need to make custom brackets to hold loom

Installed new fuse block for 12v system. I chose the back of the glovebox as I plan on having this thing out where the floorboards and kicks may get covered. It sits flat and will be easy to keep the wiring clean and access it here. I made the main power feed and ground easy to disconnect for removal if I need to access behind it, all wires are coded. I need to figure out how I am going to get switched power in to the lower section of the block since all switched power is 24 v and I am not sure a 12v Relay will hold up

Installed Stereo/navigation system

Installed 12v power Source for phones (cigarette lighter)

New resistor for blower motor

Getting better all the time

8G07IIu.jpg

QW1O2Pe.jpg

74pfF9d.jpg

k8ikcry.jpg

vzWMvuD.jpg

Wow! Did you regear the t-case?

Hey Coldtaco, that's a beautifully made speedo card.

Hotgemini, thank you, good one.

Some axle work....

Some transmission and transfer case work:

So are you moving axles? I know the front can be moved by drilling the perch, but not seen anyone moving
the rear. Looks nice and cleaned up, curious as to which shop your truck is in. Not familiar with who is in
Atlanta.

So are you moving axles? I know the front can be moved by drilling the perch, but not seen anyone moving
the rear. Looks nice and cleaned up, curious as to which shop your truck is in. Not familiar with who is in
Atlanta.

I am not in ATL currently.

The SF rear axle housing (came stock on my JDM BJ70) had different spring perch spacing vs. the FF rear axle housing I retro fitted.

The difference was different enough to damage my spring pins as well as destroy bushings at a fast rate considering the off set at the shackles. Also wallowed out the perches so that the springs were actually moving on the perches. No Bueno.

We used Ruff Stuff perches and corrected the spacing differential to line up the springs correctly.

Installed:

IMG_7461.JPG

Looks good now. Regearing the T case? I have the Marks 3.0:1 in my 60, tired of the whine.
Should have gone with the NWF Black box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom