Project Vehicles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Last edited:
I suppose I should take some photos and post them up. Jon, you need to put mine at the bottom of the list because it will be updated the least often.

yeah Paul, you need to start posting on that build. slow doesn't matter! just posting on it helps motivate...and gives us a chance to push you. :D

As you boys post up something I'll create the link. I think other significant projects should count too. Like, dropping a UZ into an 80. If you want to post your project in one of the main forums I can link to that too.

Like, dropping a UZ into an 80.

Would an inter-cooled turbo 1FZ-FE in an 80 count as a project? Or maybe curtains in a red FJ60?

-Mike-

You can add my HJ-45 to that list. It's very much in full on project stage.

I think other significant projects should count too. Like, dropping a UZ into an 80.

How about a 1HD-T into an 80? Ali??? Have you bought one yet? You should have.

I actually forced myself not to go to Owens Export when I was in LA two weeks ago, because Steve was trying to get me to check out his 1HD-T powered trucks (and talk me into using that instead of the H in the HJ).

Dan

OK boys, start some threads I can link to.

OK - I started my 'basket case' thread. Any advice or chuckles would be appreciated. My son and I are learning as we go. It's been fun so far.
p

Rudy has a project 40

:eek:

Thanks Rory,

Now, besides after reading the thread coments you guys give Jon, I need to post up the project pics and listen to the harassement umm I mean encouragement and motivational comments.
thefinger.gif

Now, besides after reading the thread comments you guys give Jon, I need to post up the project pics and listen to the harassment umm I mean encouragement and motivational comments.

Suck it up bud. Post up!

Now, besides after reading the thread coments you guys give Jon, I need to post up the project pics and listen to the harassement umm I mean encouragement and motivational comments.

If some of us didn't kick Jon in the a$$ every week that old bucket of bolts he calls da 40 would still be in boxes stuffed in the back of his garage.

Now, after some encouraging words, it is a box of freshly painted old parts stuffed in boxes in the back of his garage... and scattered on the floor.... and hanging from the ceiling.... and sitting in the back of the tub...

I once thought that Jon would have it finished in time to teach Ross how to drive a stick shift in da 40 like Jon promised back when Ross was only 12. Now he is 16 and driving his own truck and still doesn't know how to drive a stick shift.

He asks me every day if Jon is ever going to finish da 40 and teach him to drive it. I keep telling him that Jon is close.... very close. After Ross saw the videos of the engine running he wanted to go straight over to Jon's house and drive it. I had to bust his bubble and tell him it didn't have brakes or a transmission, or a clutch, or a steering wheel, and so on.

Ross's disappointment is temporary and he will soon forget it once he has experienced the satisfaction (only a red-blooded male can appreciate) that comes from a smooth start in 1st gear, rev the engine to 4,000 RPM and power-shift in to 2nd like Jon promised to teach him.

I keep telling him "soon Ross, soon."

:lol:

-Mike-

If some of us didn't kick Jon in the a$$ every week that old bucket of bolts he calls da 40 would still be in boxes stuffed in the back of his garage.

Now, after some encouraging words, it is a box of freshly painted old parts stuffed in boxes in the back of his garage... and scattered on the floor.... and hanging from the ceiling.... and sitting in the back of the tub...

I once thought that Jon would have it finished in time to teach Ross how to drive a stick shift in da 40 like Jon promised back when Ross was only 12. Now he is 16 and driving his own truck and still doesn't know how to drive a stick shift.

He asks me every day if Jon is ever going to finish da 40 and teach him to drive it. I keep telling him that Jon is close.... very close. After Ross saw the videos of the engine running he wanted to go straight over to Jon's house and drive it. I had to bust his bubble and tell him it didn't have brakes or a transmission, or a clutch, or a steering wheel, and so on.

Ross's disappointment is temporary and he will soon forget it once he has experienced the satisfaction (only a red-blooded male can appreciate) that comes from a smooth start in 1st gear, rev the engine to 4,000 RPM and power-shift in to 2nd like Jon promised to teach him.

I keep telling him "soon Ross, soon."

:lol:

-Mike-

Mike, Mike, Mike ... do I need to correct you again?

Yes, parts are hanging from the garage ceiling.
Yes, parts are in boxes in the garage, but ...

Most of the parts are in boxes in the HOUSE, and they are quite well organized. There are also significant parts in a storage shed in the back yard, but it's too dark to take a picture of that disaster.

There are reasons I live alone. A skirt would not put up with this schit. Plus, I still like to, on occasion, run car parts through the dishwasher.

:cheers:

And it's DA'40!
storage1.jpg
storage2.jpg

Now I know why you are running 80-Series horns. Check the box on the bottom of the stack in the back corner of your guest bedroom.

Had any "sleepovers" recently? Just askin'

:flipoff2:

-Mike-
da40 horns.jpg

Now I know why you are running 80-Series horns. Check the box on the bottom of the stack in the back corner of your guest bedroom.

Had any "sleepovers" recently? Just askin'

-Mike-

What's a "sleepover?"

And for the record, again, those boxes are in the Master Bedroom, not the guest bedroom.

And since I forgot last time ... :flipoff2:

Damn Jon, I have to agree with Shawn that you are in bad shape if you are sharing your bed with DA'40!'s hood and bib.

:eek:

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom