Building another pig! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josh,

Everything is looking great!

Your rockers would be a perfect air tank, for an OBA system. I'm thinking about it, easy to do.

That's a whole lot of work to go through and still have the 2x2 steel blocks between the frame and spring hangers? Owner requested they stay?

Scrap, that is a cool idea with the air. Do you think the moisture from the compressor would be an issue inside the rockers?

Scrap, that is a cool idea with the air. Do you think the moisture from the compressor would be an issue inside the rockers?

I like the air tank idea!! I can't imagine the moisture would be an issue but had I thought of the air tank idea before I mounted them it probably would have been a good idea to coat the inner tubing with some kind of sealer....

That's a whole lot of work to go through and still have the 2x2 steel blocks between the frame and spring hangers? Owner requested they stay?

I'm not a big fan of the suspension modifications. The frame work was done by a previous owner. The welds seem clean and strong, and the cruiser handles nice so the current owner decided just to leave them "As is"...

I agree that if I started with a stock chassis / suspension this wouldn't have been my first pick either...

Drill and tap a drain, similar to a regular air tank. Compressed air will develop moisture in the tank. Coating it would be a good thing to do.

Lil' John made an air tank out of his rocker, looked good.

The other rocker is on...

You know, building this pig really gives me the itch to buy another one for myself... If I didn't have so many other projects in line I would but holly cow, when all this is done I need a freakin' break....

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

Very nice job!

Mine is set up the same. When I go to mount the fenders, I'll drill and tap holes in the rockers and bolt down the fender lip.

Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Very nice job!

Mine is set up the same. When I go to mount the fenders, I'll drill and tap holes in the rockers and bolt down the fender lip.

Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Thanks Scrap!
I plan to do exactly that (The drill and tap part)... I'll likely space the fenders of the rockers by about a 1/4 inch so that dirt and moisture do not build up there...
Josh

Those rocker tubing look great! The previous owner had done the same thing on mine, but had stopped before the fender. I extended them out through the front fender. I wish I had wrapped the bottom of the fender like you did I looks really sharp. I had thought about the tank idea as well, but the PO had done some funky weird cutting and I don't think I could get a sealed tank out of it now. It makes perfect sense to have those be the air tanks!

nice work

Wow! For sure some impressive fabbing! I am waiting to see what you do with the rear fenders. I have no flare on mine at all and I am betting that you are gonna make it just like it was before;p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom