Who's got Yosemite Yellow??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHAS404

Volcan 4x4, LLC
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.volcan4x4.com
Searched all over here and all over the net and can't find a photo of ANY FJ's in YY I think the code is 529.

Somebody needs to paint one that color!

Gerber's carrot baby food yellow? haha. i saw the yosemite on that 1967 paint chart that is floating around here. i think it was a real color.

That poopie troopie is super nice.

I will look it up again.

I believe this could be a factory yellow FJ40. I believe it's a 65. The original thread this was posting had the pictures deleted :bang: I came across this one in another section.
FtCollins.jpg

From 61 to 67 I don't see any colors listed in that chart. Good early color information is hard to find. Even the FJ25 colors as listed with just the simple green/grey/red/white and ??? for the code. FJFJFJ sent me a copy of a early color chart but it's not at where I am now. Maybe it has a yellow besides Sulfur Yellow listed.

Post #8 in the tread already linked here https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/226299-please-id-color.html has a paint chart with Yosemite Yellow. It was that color sample that reminded me of this cruiser I remembered from a very old thread. I searched out the thread only to find the pictures gone. Found one of the pictures posted somewhere else. The original thread had a better picture of the yellow cruiser.

Last edited:
Guy in our local club has a 40 that color, seems to be stock (inside the fenders and glove box match). Only have a video of his truck (which mud won't let me insert :( ). Here's a link to it:

Link

Not sure what year it is, has parts from many years ;). The dash has the early handle clamps w/o a pad and safety strap eyes. Hope that helps a little -

Tucker

Guy in our local club has a 40 that color, seems to be stock (inside the fenders and glove box match). Only have a video of his truck (which mud won't let me insert :( ). Here's a link to it:

Link

Not sure what year it is, has parts from many years ;). The dash has the early handle clamps w/o a pad and safety strap eyes. Hope that helps a little -

Tucker

My guessing it's a 77.

that looks like my 78, which was cygnus white. cygnus does have a yellowish look to it.

that looks like my 78, which was cygnus white. cygnus does have a yellowish look to it.

I thought Cygnus white only went through 75...after that it was T031. Might be wrong...my 75 is original paint, Cygnus White but I would never call it "yellowish." It is definitely an off white, but not as yellow as some of the others that have been posted...

The one in the video definitely looks yellower though...
image-928028385.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom