Well this Sucks! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crap Rudy, glad that you are ok!!
Im pretty sure that all that damage will buff out fine, no worries!

Daisy

Yeah, I think if I put on that extra set of flares in the garage, she will look good has new! I am trying to look at the bright side. I walked away with a bloody nose (now a bit swollen) and some cuts on two fingers. I'm also a bit sore this morning, but I walked away. And my favorite, that was the first time I ever made the news! It wasn't has cool has Onur's how to stay warm story, but oh well.

Just got off the phone with in insurance company, told them I want the truck back. I sure there is still a lot that can be used from it.

Sorry about the loss of the truck, btw was it elocked? Is it too soon to ask about parts? Sorry if it is, but the vultures tend to circle quickly.

Glad you are OK, Rudy.

Lots of good parts for the next one. Luckily it was not a 40 as they are not as easy to find. Glad you walked away. Let me know who the insurance company is. If we don't have a conflict I'm sure we can put together a letter to help you get a bit more.
Josh

Glad to hear your Okay Rudy!

Vince

Sorry about the loss of the truck, btw was it elocked? Is it too soon to ask about parts? Sorry if it is, but the vultures tend to circle quickly.

Not even a day to mourn my loss? :crybaby: The insurance wants to know if it be fixed (yeah right, dream on) so they sent a shop to pick it and see what they can do. Went by today to identify the victim :crybaby: !!!! Could not sleep all night wondering why I didn't see that a****** driver (I always look out for them). The shop said they were going pick it up after I got it released to them this morning and call me back. Well, he never did, so I guess maybe I will find out tomorrow?

Not even a day to mourn my loss?

Maybe a day if it was a 40, but seriously if it was elocked I am willing to throw down some Benjamins for the locker controller, harness, and rear actuator. A start of a good payment for a new FZJ80 or LX450 :clap:

irbrito said:
Maybe a day if it was a 40, but seriously if it was elocked I am willing to throw down some Benjamins for the locker controller, harness, and rear actuator. A start of a good payment for a new FZJ80 or LX450 :clap:

If it was a 40, I'd mourn with you. With an 80 it's a chance to get another one and build it even better! Seriously, good you were not hurt but I can't wait to see what your next one will look like!

the ARB bumper lost that fight!!!

Let's see, what parts do I need for my 40th.....

the ARB bumper lost that fight!!!

Let's see, what parts do I need for my 40th.....

I wonder how that "40th" badge would look on Milli?

Onur still drives his....just say'n:meh:

and i bet pappy still has a bandaid or two for the deeper scratches that don't buffout...

glad you are ok Rudy!

Not even a day to mourn my loss? :crybaby:

Damn Rudy, that is really sad. I remember drooling over that truck before you bought it from your friend. He lived in my neighborhood and I would make sure that we walked by it anytime we were walking the dogs in that area. As I recall, your friend gave you a smokin' deal on it too. Those low mileage 40ths are getting more rare every day.

Don't give in to the vultures. All of us could use some spares but you need time to grieve and process the loss of your truck. I would be in total depression if that happened to me and it could happen to any of us. Don't rush to a decision and give Josh a chance at getting you a good settlement; hopefully you will be purchasing the vehicle from the insurance company. It will certainly be totaled but you'll be better off keeping what is left if you have a place to store it.

-Mike-

This is annoying. i am trying to post, but my computer keeps telling me that I am working "offline". I hit tools, change the offline, but I have to do it everytime I try look at a page or post. then I have to hit the connect button also. Any ideas?

This is annoying. i am trying to post, but my computer keeps telling me that I am working "offline". I hit tools, change the offline, but I have to do it everytime I try look at a page or post. then I have to hit the connect button also. Any ideas?

My guess.. your wifi/internet connection is spotty at the moment, and you keep dropping connection. Try disconnecting and rebooting. If not, try rebooting the router.

I guess nevermind. Maybe a 24 hour bug on the computer. I walked away and came back and it was working right.

Anyways, thanks guys. I need to hear from the insurance company to know which way to go. They got the estimate yesterday, is what I heard from the body shop (don't laugh that an off-road truck at a body shop). That's what the insurance wanted. The body shop said the initial estimate of cost to fix is 13-14K. But until they get more into what needs to be fixed it could be an extra 3-5K. I would assume they just total it, but the guy said he has seen some wierd decisions when it comes to that by insurance companies. I went yesterday to clean out every thing I could get from the inside, ham radio, seat covers, tools etc... I wish I would have taken some tools, I would have taken the sliders too, but ohh well. As buying it back and parting it out or saving the parts, not sure yet. I need to know the buy back price and look into a place to tow and store it first.

Well, I talked to the insurance company today. They valued the truck at 9700. Better than I thought they would. Sorry, have not decided to part it out or whatever just yet. Of course I have not found a replacement, so one thought is to take the left over money if I buy it back, find an unlocked 80 for cheaper and putting my lockers in it. Just a thought though. So many choices to think of. Gottta decide pretty soon, the insurance is only paying storge til the 13th.

Well, I talked to the insurance company today. They valued the truck at 9700. Better than I thought they would. Sorry, have not decided to part it out or whatever just yet. Of course I have not found a replacement, so one thought is to take the left over money if I buy it back, find an unlocked 80 for cheaper and putting my lockers in it. Just a thought though. So many choices to think of. Gottta decide pretty soon, the insurance is only paying storge til the 13th.

Buying it back is pretty cheap. Your only competition are junkyards. You would get more for your rear locker than you spend on it. My recovered '85 4Runner - stripped but left with bumpers, sliders, lockers and drivetrain only cost me $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom