anybody ever order LED dome light bulbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my dome light bulb burnt out the other day...the little festoon one.
so i figured since the cargo light never had a bulb since i owned it, and they are the same, that i would order some up.

has anyone ever ordered the LED replacement festoon from super bright leds.com?

did you like it? also thinking about getting led reverse light replacements while im at it.

I bought LED dome lights from George. I think he's still listed as a vendor here on mud. I put them in the dome lights of my 80 and the dome and rear cargo lights in the 4Runner.

I also bought reverse LED lights from somewhere. I think it was the source you have listed but not positive. They fit with no problem in the 80 but wouldn't go in the 4Runner without some modification. They have too large of a square shoulder and wouldn't push in far enough (even though their website showed the '85 4Runner as an application).

In general I would say that they are a huge improvement all around.

what wouldnt fit? the dome light/cargo light festoons? or the reverse lights?

im looking for a drop in replacement, is this george fellows part a drop in replacement???

what wouldnt fit? the dome light/cargo light festoons? or the reverse lights?

im looking for a drop in replacement, is this george fellows part a drop in replacement???

The reverse LED lights would not fit in my '85 4Runner. They would not push in far enough. I made some modifications and with a liberal application of NP1 they are working fine. I would have sent them back but I accidentaly "modified" one while trying to get it to work so I went ahead and modified the other one.

George's LEDs were a drop in replacement for the dome and rear cargo lights and they worked in my 80 and my 4Runner. I'm not sure that he's still making them but here's one thread where his product is mentioned: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/263477-led-dome-light-question.html

i took a look at his website in his sig. does not appear he is making them anymore.

i didnt drive the truck today. does anyone know for sure what size festoon the dome / cargo light is.

i want to say its the 31mm but not sure

I also bought reverse LED lights from somewhere. I think it was the source you have listed but not positive. They fit with no problem in the 80 but wouldn't go in the 4Runner without some modification. They have too large of a square shoulder and wouldn't push in far enough (even though their website showed the '85 4Runner as an application).

I've had the same problem with some other LED bulbs. Do you remember when bulb you bought? I noticed they have several options.

I would think those would work with no problem.

The ones that I bought had a step change in diameter just after the socket lip. If the diameter change had been at a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 then they would have worked but they contacted the reflector surface such that you couldn't get them seated far enough to catch.

Edit: I just searched the 80 section and here's the thread that inspired my purchase: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/463719-check-out-super-bright-reverse-lights.html

They looked like the ones in post 44 IIRC.

I bought some from putco and they were disappointing to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom