Nuts and Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, finally received my replated original JIS bolts and all the new JIS non-indented head stuff from my first order from my bolt supplier. Also, the new bolts with indented heads that I located came in today, I think, but I was too busy to call and see. I will try to check on Monday and post pics. I should also know about pricing then. Here are a few pics of the stuff I got yesterday, check my build post for many more. I have posted some pics here showing the head difference (indented vs. not). No matter what, I know I have found what we have all been looking for, JIS yellow dichromate:bounce::bounce::bounce:. It will just depend on what your preference is and sizes needed. Can you guys give me an idea what it is you will be wanting so I can start to process what it is I will be trying to put together when I meet with my supplier?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/100170-1966-fj45lv-restoration-buildup-project.html

Can you provide the name of the supplier?

Much appreciated!!

D Ray
'78 FJ40

Can you provide the name of the supplier?

Much appreciated!!

D Ray
'78 FJ40

I can, but then I would have to kill you. :D But seriously, he wants to get all the details sorted out before we start bombarding him with orders. The orders will be no problem, he is very customer friendly and has gone above and beyond. I do give him some business besides this personal stuff so he was inclined to be very helpful. I have to go see the most recent order from him and then we can all place orders etc. What are you looking for, just so I can relay it to him?

Well, I pretty much need to get a list. I'm starting to reassemble the body, so all of the body bolts.

I just found this post this week, so I'll get back with you.

Here's what I need:

6mm x 1.0 x 10mm Need 25
6mm x 1.0 x 12mm Need 50
6mm x 1.0 x 16mm Need 50
6mm x 1.0 x 20mm Need 50
6mm x 1.0 x 25mm Need 50

8mm x 1.25 x 16mm Need 50
8mm x 1.25 x 20mm Need 50
8mm x 1.25 x 25mm Need 50
8mm x 1.25 x 30mm Need 25

10mm x 1.25 x 20mm Need 25
10mm x 1.25 x 25mm Need 25
10mm x 1.25 x 30mm Need 25

Phillips Head
6mm x 1.00 x 20mm Need 25

Flat Washers
M6 need 150
M8 need 150
M10 need 100

Split Washers
M6 need 100

If you can help get these so that I don't have to order from the price gougers at SOR, I would be very thankful!

D Ray

Oh and if they have the windshield hinge screws, which are 8MM x 1.25 x 15 need 20 and the cone washers as well, that would be great. Those by the way, are the pan head types I believe.

Thanks again!
D Ray

Oh and if they have the windshield hinge screws, which are 8MM x 1.25 x 15 need 20 and the cone washers as well, that would be great. Those by the way, are the pan head types I believe.

Thanks again!
D Ray

The 6MM Phillips head and 8MM above, are they pan head or oval head? is the underside of the head flat or angled? can you post a pic of a cone washer? I think I know what you are looking for, but want to see it. Also, most likely, when you order these bolts, you will have to get the closest qty. as they are boxed to what you need. But the costs are not too high.

Does anyone know the size bolts for the tow hooks on the front frame. Thanks

I'm assuming 10.9's:confused:

Does anyone know the size bolts for the tow hooks on the front frame. Thanks

I'm assuming 10.9's:confused:

Since mine were long gone, I cannot give you the specs, but I have a pic that shows the bolt head to be stamped with a 7, meaning it would be a 10. 9 strength rating. Were I to guess at the specs they would be 12mm x 1.25 x 30mm?

Anyone got real specs for these? I will be needing these myself! :D

The 6MM Phillips head and 8MM above, are they pan head or oval head? is the underside of the head flat or angled? can you post a pic of a cone washer? I think I know what you are looking for, but want to see it. Also, most likely, when you order these bolts, you will have to get the closest qty. as they are boxed to what you need. But the costs are not too high.

The 6mm for the rear doors are flat on the underside but have a round head.

The 8mm for the windshield hinges are pan head, i.e. the underside is angled. And the cone washers are angled as well, but they are star design. the screws are Stainless.

As far as the quantity, yes order in the lot amounts that they come in that is close to my requested amount.

Do you know about when you will be ordering? Let me know how to pay.

Thanks,
D Ray:clap:

what size for diff cover and mounting studs and nuts

I know some of the studs are longer than the other.

Differential Cover (Rear) to third Member Nuts

10 10mm x 1.25 14mm head. Split Washer.

Differential Third Member to Axle Housing Nuts

20 10mm x 1.25 14mm head. Split Washer.

All Studs are 10mm x 1.25

Courtesy of Jim C!

I know some of the studs are different lengths. Does anyone know what that is?

Bolt Kits from Cool Crusiers?

What about ordering the stainless bolts/screws from Cool Cruisers for the body?

Yes, I still want the JIS Yellow Dichromate, but the stainless from CCOT are packaged for each area.

Just wanted to get your thoughts?

D Ray

merbesfield,
Any more information about the bolts from your supplier? I'm getting desparate to order bolts! :D I've got several powder coated pieces just begging to be put back on the truck but have been holding out for the JIS stuff... ;)

merbesfield,
Any more information about the bolts from your supplier? I'm getting desparate to order bolts! :D I've got several powder coated pieces just begging to be put back on the truck but have been holding out for the JIS stuff... ;)

Yeah, I'm ready to go too. Is there anyone else you are waiting for?:bounce:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but believe it or not, my guy still has not billed me for the goods so I don't have pricing. I have not had a minute to call him and ask whats up, but I will do it first of the week. When he plates everything, it will get mixed together so you will have to re-sort for size. I will post first of the week. Again, sorry for the delay. I will also get the other indent bolts then as well, but after seeing all these done and looking so nice and then dealing with the problem of not having all matching heads in all the sizes, I may just stick to the flat head and use the OEM indented original stuff when it is visible. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom