what height is your 40/45? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fella's I'm just trying to work out average heights of 40/45 model cruisers and how mine compares at the moment before I do anything to it. I just measured my FJ45 from the bottom of the rim to the mudguard and got 75.5cm(29.72") on the passengers side and 74cm(29.13") on the drivers. Didn't worry about the back because of the tray. What have others got and what sort of lift do you think you have, like 2" OME or 4" so and so or extended shackles etc. I did the rim to the guard because it should take out any differences in tyre pressures etc.

Cheers

Beefcake, post up a pic of where you are measuring to, maybe someone can chime in. The post is a little unclear.

BTW, I just spent my honeymoon in Brisbane/Gold Coast, what a killer country you have! We loved it!

Rezarf <><

I think it's your accent. You mean meters or inches?

Like REZARF said, show a pic of where you're measuring from or measure from a more easily duplicated pair of points like the ground to the bottom of the frame.

My '71 FJ40 is 21" front from ground to bottom of frame, 26" rear from ground to bottom of frame. 2 1/2 " lift with 33"...

hey hey, now were talking :cool:

thanks for the replies, I've added a pic below and the red line shows where I am measuring. This is how TJM suspension kits explain to measure before and after fitment. It takes out any differences in measurements caused by uneven ground, different size tyres etc. The only thing that could affect it is rim diameter.

Glad you liked it over here Rezarf, you picked a great area to visit. There isn't too much that would make me give it up, but I am keen to visit over there someday. I used to work for Western Star trucks over here, so I've heard lots of good things from ex pats (mainly Canadians)....

IDave, I put both measurements in to be sure, the inches are in brackets (not sure if you were joking with me or not, hard to tell in writing ;) )

Height.jpg

Measuring from your reference points, I get 33";)

Pics of my ride here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1930696#post1930696

4" lift springs front, plus 1.25" shackle lift
5" lift springs rear, plus 1.25" shackle lift

:cheers:

Thanks mate, I guess that would mean mine must have a bit of a lift already. After having it out yesterday I am pretty impressed with how it goes offroad. Plenty of travel, I didn't lift a wheel all day apparently. I think I will just go with some extended shackles to give the new 33x12.5x15 MTZ's a bit more room to move. I like the look of yours. I was trying to decide whether to go with widened split rims with 10.5" tyres, but I go on the beach a bit and the wider ones are better for that.

now that's a cool truck.

Do you mean mine trekker? If so Thanks! It's how I bought if off the PO in that pic. I pulled that big farm gate off the front and new tyres now. I think I will cut the tray down soon.

Cheers fellas :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom