finally lifted my 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Mark, looks great man. I hear you about cutting the body also.

Guess i need to get over on the other site more often.

Looks really good Mark. I will be checking it out personally after the new year as I have some work for you.

For those who don't want to give pirate the clicks
lift06-25p.JPG
lift19-30p.JPG
lift20-30p.JPG

I am very proud of that bumper...and of Jeremy! Both are first class!;)

Looks great. Some custom sliders next??

Looks great. Some custom sliders next??

I will be building forward sliders that will replace the running boards as soon as I finish chopping up the bed to mount some more toolboxes.

Stay tuned.

Thanks to a very generous swap from Dusty 66, I finally got this long term goal moving forward again. Thanks Dusty!

I've had these old pizza cutters languishing on the swb for 14 years now. I say languishing because MTs were meant to be used, and the odds of them ever seeing dirt on the swb were about the same as the rig getting EFI!;p BUT, I needed a set of clean stock rims and tires to put on the swb before I could permanently relocate these to the lwb.

Dusty had blasted and powdercoated a set of riveted rims for his 66, but decided to upgrade to discs and wanted non-riveted rims. I had an extra set that I didn't need. So we traded, and I bought some ATs for the swb.

They don't look rough and tough like the 35s, but they sure do steer good!
skinnies1.JPG

I didn't have to do any color matching on the rims because all 4 are still in their original paint from the factory! Kind of a shame on a rig that's gonna get run pretty hard. I would consider swapping them with a powdercoated set from someone doing a resto that wants genuine stock paint.

Right now I like the grey so much I don't think I'm gonna even try hubcaps.
skinnies3.JPG

The skinnies on stock steel wheels looks great Mark. I'm very envious of that 45!

:flipoff2: :D

:beer:

The tall and skinnies! We need to get another pick side by side at the next 45 run.

Before...
Sept06-224.jpg

If not sooner!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom