Brake Warning Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesteray I bled the brakes on my '95 4Runner. Now the Brake Warning Light on the dash will not go off.
The brakes feel strong, didn't disconnect any wires, don't believe I got any air in the lines.

Any ideas?

If I did allow some air in the lines would this cause the light to stay on?

Check the level in the master cylinder reservoir.

There are only 2 conditions that will cause that light to turn on: the e-brake is on, or the fluid is low in the MC.

Thanks, I got it figured out.
I checked both the e-brake and resevoir yesterday but apparenly did not check the resevoir well enough.
I put a volt meter on the switch and found it was closed.

Had to slip a thin wire down in the resevoir and un-stick the float (?)
Also beat on the resevoir a bit more aggressavly (that's probably what did it)

I supose the float stuck in the down position when I drained it before bleeding the brakes.

Some little things just drive me NUTS!

What does it mean if every now and then for a couple seconds the break warning light and check battery light flash together? This only happens every now and then.

What does it mean if every now and then for a couple seconds the break warning light and check battery light flash together? This only happens every now and then.

Yes, this means your alternator is giving you warning signs of it's impending demise. Most of the time it's just the brushes, a very cheap fix, not very hard. The hardest part is getting it out of the truck. I'm sure there's a writeup on the web somewhere, look on 4crawler.com.

Far too many expensive Toyota alternators and starters are replaced when they are actually easy easy to repair.

I recently replaced the alternator a year and a half ago. So hopefully it is the brushes. I'll change them next time I'm feeling motivated. Thanks

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom