LC Heritage Badging Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at a 2021 Hertitage from a Dealer. It only has the cool vintage badge on one side. I called the dealer and made them aware. They told me they have the other badge and that they come from the factory with only one badge installed. I found this odd as I have never seen another one with one badge. This is a preowned vehicle with 20k miles so the current owner would have rolled around with one badge. Anyone know this to be true?

My 2021 Heritage Edition that I bought with new with 2 miles on it has the vintage "Toyota Land Cruiser" badge on both sides on the D pillars. I have not seen a Heritage Edition that was not like that.

Heritage edition has 2 badges, 1 on each D pillar. Check the interior for bronze stitching to make sure the dealer isn't trying to pull a fast one on you by saying it's an HE when it may not be.

From what I can see, it is 3M adhesive.

I have a 2021 HE bought new - it had badges on both sides. Could have been accidentally removed or missing from the factory on accident. Seems like the dealer should be more than willing to put it on for you.

Mine was missing some of the roof gutter trim pieces when new which the dealer replaced. This might be something you also check are there as it seems many of us have had those missing or hey fall out easily. They are about $400 to replace them all. Although you are buying used so I guess the dealer really would have no obligation - should be a warrantied item though and mileage wise that one is under warranty.

Is the badge attached via 3M adhesive or bolted ?
Fancy 3M adhesive for sure. Although I think previous generations of the land cruiser had a metal nub that also went into the pillar. I don't think the 200 badging has it.

That Land Cruiser badging on the left D pillar looks to be positioned too low - should be higher?

I also don't see any bronze stitching anywhere in the dealer photos.

My guess is that it is not a true Heritage Edition.

HTH

ETA: Upon closer examination, badging on D pillar looks to be correct height:

IMG_7921.jpg

But I'm still suspicious of the provenance of the vehicle for sale ...

Last edited:
Can't speak to the dealer's story, but the VIN suggests it's a legit Heritage. Something a Toyota dealer would also be happy to confirm for ya. Perhaps the minor rear damage reported on the Carfax is related to the badge's disappearance? Even a line item mentions emblem replacement. All a guess :)

I am looking at a 2021 Hertitage from a Dealer. It only has the cool vintage badge on one side. I called the dealer and made them aware. They told me they have the other badge and that they come from the factory with only one badge installed. I found this odd as I have never seen another one with one badge. This is a preowned vehicle with 20k miles so the current owner would have rolled around with one badge. Anyone know this to be true?
Dealer is lying/ignorant/both. HE's come with those decals on both D pillars.

Can't speak to the dealer's story, but the VIN suggests it's a legit Heritage. Something a Toyota dealer would also be happy to confirm for ya. Perhaps the minor rear damage reported on the Carfax is related to the badge's disappearance? Even a line item mentions emblem replacement. All a guess :)
I think minor rear damage explains it. Any damage/small scratch to the paint in that area will require new paint and blending/detrimming to do it right. Badges have to come off, quarter glass as well. I learned that the hard way when a small rock damaged my fuel door. It's not quite a simple matter of buying a new fuel door assembly and calling it good.

That Land Cruiser badging on the left D pillar looks to be positioned too low - should be higher?

I also don't see any bronze stitching anywhere in the dealer photos.

My guess is that it is not a true Heritage Edition.

HTH

ETA: Upon closer examination, badging on D pillar looks to be correct height:

View attachment 3318599

But I'm still suspicious of the provenance of the vehicle for sale ...
Yeah but black interior with black headliner was only offered on Heritage. If this dude paid for all this plastic on a base 200 he is the epitome of posers.

Bronze stitching appears to be there. Just hard to see in those photos. It's legit but does need the missing badge.

Also the missing door side molding = HE. That price is eye watering. You must really want that truck. Good luck with it.

Also the missing door side molding = HE. That price is eye watering. You must really want that truck. Good luck with it.
A month ago, when I had my HE in for the last "free service" the dealer offered me $93,500 to "upgrade". I asked what does Toyota have that could possibly be an upgrade to the Land Cruiser? The sales manager said that the new Grand Highlander looks good. Really???? They are desperate.

A month ago, when I had my HE in for the last "free service" the dealer offered me $93,500 to "upgrade". I asked what does Toyota have that could possibly be an upgrade to the Land Cruiser? The sales manager said that the new Grand Highlander looks good. Really???? They are desperate.
Highlander?? Not even a new Sequoia??

The seats and plastics look a little rough given the age/mileage. They definitely had kids and/or dogs in there.

Highlander?? Not even a new Sequoia??

That's pretty funny. I don't have a new Sequoia but I do have a new Tundra which is similar. It's a fun truck to drive and I like it a lot, but the LC build quality is better. I wouldn't say the highlander is a replacement, but a Sequoia isn't in my opinion either. I actually wonder about the 300 series elsewhere in the world since it's based on the same platform and motor as the new Tundra and Sequoia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom