What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a slow day for work and so hung a shop light in my garage, then did this since it is a terrible day to be indoors here.

Mild/Moderate rear quarter panel dent, been there since I’ve had the truck:
A8A0AC0E-2EB6-4F8B-B5C3-E438ACE3B89A.jpeg

Dent, meet Amazon glue-gun dent puller:
9E94976F-A659-47B4-8033-286899A9EC64.jpeg

780797B0-7128-4382-91E2-BF36BAC6E9F7.jpeg

Result:

BBDEB9E1-9CF8-4EF1-AD60-542CE411E112.jpeg

72845A1F-55CA-4193-B061-FD257B34FDC9.jpeg

It really did just pop right back out. It's 80%+ gone now, but you can still tell... if you're looking. It's at least less obvious, but worth the few bucks to try the kit and the time spent. I kinda doubt I'll ever get along to getting a PDR guy to look at this thing (it's not THAT clean), but if I ever had a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket I bet that could get the rest out.

Last edited:
Had to replace the radiator for last weekend trip. The Amazon denso radiator I put at the timing belt job at 191k miles and 11/2019 failed after 21k miles. It leaked all around the seams. Ended up ordering an OEM from local dealership offering online discounts ($518+tax).

For the record, this was the amazon denso radiator I ordered - https://amzn.to/3ydLviX

IMG_20220929_214957.jpg

Didn't like the cap it came with, I reused the one I had. White one came with the OEM radiator
IMG_20220929_214952.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't like the cap it came with, I reused the one I had. White one came with the OEM radiatorView attachment 3131159
I am curious about this cap. I just did an OEM radiator myself. Also came with a white cap. I think it's the "Mexico-spec" OEM radiator. I had previously replaced the cap before the radiator swap with the one you reused. I wonder what the difference is?

Any of you guys with a BT45-Toy unit for Bluetooth have a constant whining/feedback noise that is most heard at low volume or when song changes? Can’t tell if my unit is defective or not
Are you using the CAS cable addition to your BT45? If so that could be an issue worth exploring. If not then the unit is likely in need of replacement, but heads up USASPEC is out of stock with no ETA for restock on those units per their website.

I am curious about this cap. I just did an OEM radiator myself. Also came with a white cap. I think it's the "Mexico-spec" OEM radiator. I had previously replaced the cap before the radiator swap with the one you reused. I wonder what the difference is?
Only visible difference is the sticker. Yellow one is the OEM got from a toyota dealer because the denso radiator does not come with a cap.

Only visible difference is the sticker. Yellow one is the OEM got from a toyota dealer because the denso radiator does not come with a cap.
Is that + or - 5 horse powers on sticker colors? I think yellow +5. #askingforafriend

Might be a lost cause. But I’ve started on this project. Wanted to see if i could make a phone/device mount that spans across the top of the screen and be attached using the existing radio bolts on top. If it wasn’t for Lexus build quality it would be a lot easier. The gaps between the vent and the HU bezel makes it an extremely tight fit. I’m using 1/8” aluminum wondering if i go with thinner sheet metal will it still be as sturdy?

Love to get some input from you. Also not having a metal break makes the bends more rounded would love a tighter bend but it's aluminum so not sure if that's possible.

If I can get the mounts done right then I would tie the two brackets with a strip of metal, that way I can drill holes in top of that span to mount things like the RAM uni-ball to attach phone mounts etc on top

View attachment 3130109

View attachment 3130110
curious to see how this goes

You know that moment when you finally re-install the steering wheel correctly only to find out it is bent? You know? Cause everyone has seen't this before amirite? :rofl: If anyone has a spare steering wheel hit me up, please. Thanks in advance.

QNPO9881[1].JPG

curious to see how this goes
There’s definitely going to be some filing of the trim pieces so that the support arms can fit properly. It’s doable, I’m big into oem fit so i don’t want to butcher that center stack

There’s definitely going to be some filing of the trim pieces so that the support arms can fit properly. It’s doable, I’m big into oem fit so i don’t want to butcher that center stack
What's the micrometer telling you about the gap is in between radio and dash?

Went to the dealer for an alignment today and change some oils on my other Lexus. While on the alignment rack we ( I ) discovered a damaged torsion bar so no alignment for me after the new rack, all new OEM suspension, and OEM control arms. So, I made do a with sway bar link swap and some not jacked clock spring action. The dealer was pretty butt hurt I did all the previously mentioned stuff on my own so they made sure to find some stuff that is wrong. Hence the clock spring and links. Already knew about the third incoming alternator cause number dos is still howling like a dying cat. Nana nana boo boo stealership. Maybe next time I ask them to do something they'll just take the job I asked for instead of slamming me with a $15k estimate? Here's photos of my sweet clock spring action and links cause we like photos and junk.

IMG_0926[1].JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

Last edited:
Today:
CB466575-AB91-4C34-90C7-613C91AF9678.jpeg

Tomorrows fun will be (hopefully) getting the old spare down, working on rear LCAs and spring spacers. Truck is riding pretty great, if I can iron out the bent-LCA wiggle and tweak the AHC one more time… it might be there (“there” being with the AHC adjusted to be in proper spec, riding on decent tires, and *gasp* maybe even with a fresh alignment), at least for this set of parts.

Today:
View attachment 3133040

Tomorrows fun will be (hopefully) getting the old spare down, working on rear LCAs and spring spacers. Truck is riding pretty great, if I can iron out the bent-LCA wiggle and tweak the AHC one more time… it might be there (“there” being with the AHC adjusted to be in proper spec, riding on decent tires, and *gasp* maybe even with a fresh alignment), at least for this set of parts.
Shhhhhhh!!!!! 🤫🤫 If you say these things too loud you'll end up like my daily trips to the gas station and then using the other vehicle to the parts store/dealer. Land Cruiser gods are fickle creatures, sir. But otherwise happy to hear that allegedly you might could have a decent little ride across the way. :rofl:

New OEM suspension, and OEM control arms. Thermostat and all sway bar bushings, air bags on rear.
446B95B9-5AA4-4A81-93B0-0BC07764857C.jpeg

It’s like a new ride.

New OEM suspension, and OEM control arms. Thermostat and all sway bar bushings, air bags on rear. View attachment 3133148

It’s like a new ride.
Wait a freaking sec, you started this thread! 😳
Way to go man! This is by far the most popular thread on the 100 forum!

Went to the dealer for an alignment today and change some oils on my other Lexus. While on the alignment rack we ( I ) discovered a damaged torsion bar so no alignment for me after the new rack, all new OEM suspension, and OEM control arms. So, I made do a with sway bar link swap and some not jacked clock spring action. The dealer was pretty butt hurt I did all the previously mentioned stuff on my own so they made sure to find some stuff that is wrong. Hence the clock spring and links. Already knew about the third incoming alternator cause number dos is still howling like a dying cat. Nana nana boo boo stealership. Maybe next time I ask them to do something they'll just take the job I asked for instead of slamming me with a $15k estimate? Here's photos of my sweet clock spring action and links cause we like photos and junk.

View attachment 3132861

View attachment 3132871

How was the torsion bar damaged??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom