Front Bumper Options LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m a Dissent bumper owner so I’m completely biased but I will say that it will be worth the wait. If you’re in need of sliders, roof rack, or armor you will save on shipping if you buy all at once.

My ordering experience was more like commissioning a piece of art instead of making a car part purchase. Ben consulted with me a few times on the phone and we went over what needs I wanted met. Some custom work was required and I got exactly what I needed.

People in the know always chat me up about the my Dissent stuff and, more often than not, they refer to it as “Ben’s stuff” or “Ben’s work” instead of Dissent.

If you ask me, you made the correct choice.
Great to hear! I do need some sliders and plan to do skids in the future.

If you like Dissent the best, ask Ben if he'll make a steel one. That's the good thing about his shop (more custom than most other options out there).

I’m a Dissent bumper owner so I’m completely biased but I will say that it will be worth the wait. If you’re in need of sliders, roof rack, or armor you will save on shipping if you buy all at once.

My ordering experience was more like commissioning a piece of art instead of making a car part purchase. Ben consulted with me a few times on the phone and we went over what needs I wanted met. Some custom work was required and I got exactly what I needed.

People in the know always chat me up about the my Dissent stuff and, more often than not, they refer to it as “Ben’s stuff” or “Ben’s work” instead of Dissent.

If you ask me, you made the correct choice.

You guys have a MUCH different experience with Dissent than I do. I got tired of being blown off and the terrible customer service so they are no longer an option.

First time was ordering a roof rack, they had one and I said I wanted it but since I didn't get back with them within some unreasonable amount of time
(~1 work day) they said sorry gone. They then said I could go on a waiting list; then immediately turned around and said they weren't doing a waiting list that I could try to score one from the website with everyone else.

Next I contacted them about an aluminum front bumper for my pre-facelift but I wanted a bull bar ... you guessed it, they refused.

So if you guys are getting "custom" work done I have no idea how.

You guys have a MUCH different experience with Dissent than I do. I got tired of being blown off and the terrible customer service so they are no longer an option.

First time was ordering a roof rack, they had one and I said I wanted it but since I didn't get back with them within some unreasonable amount of time
(~1 work day) they said sorry gone. They then said I could go on a waiting list; then immediately turned around and said they weren't doing a waiting list that I could try to score one from the website with everyone else.

Next I contacted them about an aluminum front bumper for my pre-facelift but I wanted a bull bar ... you guessed it, they refused.

It could be different now, idk… my order was placed July 2020.

I have a Rival 4x4 (2008-2015) version somewhere in the US on a UPS truck. I'll throw it on a scale when I have it arrives - expecting it to be around 100 lbs. it's a steel winch mount and aluminum 1 piece shell overlay. No hoops.

Putting on an gen 1 LX.

Here’s a mock-up of what it could look like on an lx.

12DEB7CB-AF72-4284-8AD2-B30949CAE80E.jpeg

I’ve never done any business with them, so I can’t speak to customer service. I just know many people on here like and use those products.

Let’s us know the expected time frame. Do you plan to have it color matched? I have a white 200 and the dissent full bar color matched would look really good I bet.
My full Dissent front bumper (black powdercoat) is going on Wednesday; it showed up to the shop about a week and a half ago. I placed my order mid-May, so just over 2 months to delivery. It is very possible I just got lucky with my order lining up with their production schedule, but overall it was under the quoted 10-14 weeks and after a week of checking out the sexy Dissent gear at LCDC I know I made the right choice.

As far as customer service goes I have always had a pretty good experience--questions I had would receive a response within a business day and they were always thorough with responses and very polite.

I'm not sure which ARB bumper you're referring to, but most ARB bumpers I've seen have high lift lifting points, including mine.
Must be the newer bumpers.

I’m sorry if there was any confusion but unfortunately we have discontinued some items and the rack is one of them. We cannot hold in stock items based off of interest. The only way to secure that item is to order it and pay.
There may be a bit of confusion with our products being customizable. While we do our best to offer as many options as possible to fit the majority’s needs we are a manufacturer and do not typically do custom one offs. We have made some huge steps in the manufacturing process this last year in hopes to get lead times down and keep up with demand. This process is not friendly to custom work as we do everything in larger batches. To pull off production to build a one off would put a huge delay on potentially 30 plus orders. it not worth it for us or fair to our current customers.
I would love to look into this for you. Send me over any emails or contact you had and I will dig into it. If we made any promises I will make sure we make that right. That being said we are very careful with making any promises these days as manufacturing has many hurdles these days.

My full Dissent front bumper (black powdercoat) is going on Wednesday; it showed up to the shop about a week and a half ago. I placed my order mid-May, so just over 2 months to delivery. It is very possible I just got lucky with my order lining up with their production schedule, but overall it was under the quoted 10-14 weeks and after a week of checking out the sexy Dissent gear at LCDC I know I made the right choice.

As far as customer service goes I have always had a pretty good experience--questions I had would receive a response within a business day and they were always thorough with responses and very polite.
Good to hear!
We have been working hard to get lead times down and finally getting a handle on most items.
Thanks for chiming in!

True, I hear ya. I like the Dissent look and style the best but do not like that it is aluminum because I think it may not be heavy duty but I could be wrong there. Wish I could make a bumper out of all 3 of those lol.
You are ;) That being said we may offer a steel version in the future due to difficulties in getting good aluminum

I have a Rival 4x4 (2008-2015) version somewhere in the US on a UPS truck. I'll throw it on a scale when I have it arrives - expecting it to be around 100 lbs. it's a steel winch mount and aluminum 1 piece shell overlay. No hoops.

Putting on an gen 1 LX.

View attachment 3081504
Very excited to see this!

I’m sorry if there was any confusion but unfortunately we have discontinued some items and the rack is one of them. We cannot hold in stock items based off of interest. The only way to secure that item is to order it and pay.
There may be a bit of confusion with our products being customizable. While we do our best to offer as many options as possible to fit the majority’s needs we are a manufacturer and do not typically do custom one offs. We have made some huge steps in the manufacturing process this last year in hopes to get lead times down and keep up with demand. This process is not friendly to custom work as we do everything in larger batches. To pull off production to build a one off would put a huge delay on potentially 30 plus orders. it not worth it for us or fair to our current customers.
I would love to look into this for you. Send me over any emails or contact you had and I will dig into it. If we made any promises I will make sure we make that right. That being said we are very careful with making any promises these days as manufacturing has many hurdles these days.

Could y’all ever do a bumper with TOYOTA cut out across the front here. I would think y’all have a good enough relationship with Toyota to get permission after that sick Lexus 300.

3B2ED96F-4A05-4253-BB51-EA94C0FAAB38.jpeg

That's definitely my choice. Plug and play no cutting of the old bumper. Too bad they are sold out though.
Call Alex and see when the next container is due. Mine was stuck in Denmark for four months as Rival is a Russian company. They may have their supply chain fixed by now; used to get a shipment per quarter.

Call Alex and see when the next container is due. Mine was stuck in Denmark for four months as Rival is a Russian company. They may have their supply chain fixed by now; used to get a shipment per quarter.
Awesome thanks

Putting on an gen 1 LX.

View attachment 3081504
@grinchy I should just subscribe to your posts ... You seem to always be doing something just when I am thinking about it! Eagerly awaiting pictures, and how close it fits the LX. Looks like the 2008-2012 LC and LX may have the same panel break between the bumper and fender, but the 2013-15 LX facelift appears to have changed that panel gap, making it "flatter". Good luck!

Last edited:
@grinchy I should just subscribe to your posts ... You seem to always be doing something just when I am thinking about it! Eagerly awaiting pictures, and how close it fits the LX. Looks like the 2008-2012 LC and LX may have the same panel break between the bumper and fender, but the 2013-15 LX facelift appears to have changed that panel gap, making it "flatter". Good luck!
I think the 'ends' of the bumper along the fender will need to be modified to match the angle of the fender. Will know more in a few days. I do plan to document the install (or failure).

I think the 'ends' of the bumper along the fender will need to be modified to match the angle of the fender. Will know more in a few days. I do plan to document the install (or failure).
There are no failures, only learning opportunities. I've had a lot of learning opportunities!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom