SOLD Tucson, Az 72k miles triple locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1997 72k original miles
Arizona Bought zero rust
Triple locked with ARB lockers
2 inch Dobinsons springs med stiffness.
Dobinson MRA59 Shocks
Dobinsons lower and upper rear control arms
Dobinsons Front and Rear Panard Bars
Dobinsons Steering stabilizer
Delta rear panard drop bracket
Truck has been completely sound proofed. Doors close with a pleasing solid thud.
Air Bags
Domatic Frig console
OEM Roof Rack Delete done right, holes filled and roof repainted.
All new rubber fender trim
5 New 315/75/16 BFG KO2‘s
ARB onboard air
Extensive Mechanical Maintenance work completed: All engine rubber replace, New radiator and hoses, New Belts, New slotted Brake rotors
Extensive Exterior Maintenance completed: Bumpers repainted, All scratches and dings removed etc.
Ice Cold A/C
Excellent interior: Original seat leather in excellent condition
$75k invested $75k Serious inquiries only please.
It will be on BaT soon
Will provide more pictures and info upon PM request.
Or Call 520-904-8000 Mark

View attachment 3025955

View attachment 3025956

View attachment 3025957

View attachment 3025969

View attachment 3025970

View attachment 3026116

View attachment 3026117

View attachment 3026119

View attachment 3026120

View attachment 3026121

Last edited:
$75k invested =/= $75k value
Thank you. I believe your math is a accurate valuation. However, i do actually have more invested in this truck than what i stated if i were to include a the labor invested to install all the suspension items.

Love that Line !!

I know what I have :rofl:

First off, I gotta say that there are a lot of $75K vehicles out there (new and used) that are never gonna come close to the value of a low-mileage, well sorted 80 in great condition like this one.

So I have no problem with your ask and I say let the market tell you what your truck is worth, not someone behind a keyboard that thinks your price is crazy.

But my question is, why go through the process to invest so much time and effort just to hope to sell the result for “what you got into it”?

If you’re not trying to profit (or even break even, considering your time/effort) it just a hobby? Seems like a big risk just to have fun building a nice truck.

One more question; how do you put so much time and effort into building something so beautiful, only to trade it for the money you put into it? Personally, I’d never be able to sell the result, even if there was some profit.

BTW, I wish I could justify spending $75K on this truck because after having a 200 and a couple 100’s, this one is my dream cruiser!

GLWS!

First off, I gotta say that there are a lot of $75K vehicles out there (new and used) that are never gonna come close to the value of a low-mileage, well sorted 80 in great condition like this one.

So I have no problem with your ask and I say let the market tell you what your truck is worth, not someone behind a keyboard that thinks your price is crazy.

But my question is, why go through the process to invest so much time and effort just to hope to sell the result for “what you got into it”?

If you’re not trying to profit (or even break even, considering your time/effort) it just a hobby? Seems like a big risk just to have fun building a nice truck.

One more question; how do you put so much time and effort into building something so beautiful, only to trade it for the money you put into it? Personally, I’d never be able to sell the result, even if there was some profit.

BTW, I wish I could justify spending $75K on this truck because after having a 200 and a couple 100’s, this one is my dream cruiser!

GLWS!
BustaRib,

I find It is pretty amussing that there are people on here that laugh at my asking price. I believe they are just envious or jealous. As you are ware there aren't a lot of these low mileage 80's left out there. This one runs and drives as tight as a new one. Love that feeling.

I felt very lucky to find this truck. I too have had a couple 200's and a 100 and prefer the 80 series over all of them. I enjoy the process of going thru my truck thoroughly and bring it up to like new condition. You ask why i'd spend all this time and money just to sell it? The biggest reason is i found another 80 with even less miles on it and i'm in the process of going thru that truck right now. I plan on keeping that one as my daily driver. I don't have the room nor the need for two of the same trucks. So hench the main reason for selling. Also, it is sort of a hobby for me to find these rigs go thru them, drive them for a while and sell to start another 80 project.

Good looking 80. I would probably see what BAT, eBay, or an auction house might fetch. If you are truly looking for the $75k figure you've invested, those would appear to be your best options for doing so.

Also, as posted previously, forum rules do state a price be listed.... i.e. $75k OBO... or something to that effect. As the previous poster noted, many have invested $$, but the asking price tends to be in line with KBB, or current market comparative values.

I hope you do get the $75k asking. Especially with current gas prices. That just means I'll hang onto my 60 and 80 just a wee bit longer for the fast approaching zombie apocalypse.

:beer:

"I'll hang onto my 60 and 80 just a wee bit longer for the fast approaching zombie apocalypse."

Exactly.

I have a 1983 60 and a 1997 80 - I think I'm set for the coming zombie hordes!

;)

BustaRib,

I find It is pretty amussing that there are people on here that laugh at my asking price. I believe they are just envious or jealous. As you are ware there aren't a lot of these low mileage 80's left out there. This one runs and drives as tight as a new one. Love that feeling.

I felt very lucky to find this truck. I too have had a couple 200's and a 100 and prefer the 80 series over all of them. I enjoy the process of going thru my truck thoroughly and bring it up to like new condition. You ask why i'd spend all this time and money just to sell it? The biggest reason is i found another 80 with even less miles on it and i'm in the process of going thru that truck right now. I plan on keeping that one as my daily driver. I don't have the room nor the need for two of the same trucks. So hench the main reason for selling. Also, it is sort of a hobby for me to find these rigs go thru them, drive them for a while and sell to start another 80 project.
That's the best reason to sell I've heard, you've got too many pristine land cruisers.

Love the rig! Just want to call out that there’s a markable difference between triple locked FROM THE FACTORY and aftermarket lockers when it comes to valuation. Make sure you’re comparing yours closer to non-locked for pricing accuracy. Good luck!

The biggest difference is it not stock, the rigs that are bring the big money are all stock low mile Rigs that have not been modified Just saying 🤷‍♂️

giphy.gif

Seller knows what he has but doesn't have a clue who he's dealing with.

Sure, there may be the types here that'll drop the kind of money you're asking on what you're asking for, but what you're doing is the nearly the equivalent of trying to sell a luxury watch (e.g., Rolex) at Walmart.
Yea, he might be able to get what he's looking for - but it's not here. Most people here are looking for a good deal at minimum. I don't think this is flat out a bad deal, but it's not what 99% potential buyers/people on this forum are looking for. BaT would be a much better avenue for trying to get what the seller feels the truck deserves. Even then, I'm skeptical it'd bid up higher than $50k, but at least there he'd have a chance.

Love the rig! Just want to call out that there’s a markable difference between triple locked FROM THE FACTORY and aftermarket lockers when it comes to valuation. Make sure you’re comparing yours closer to non-locked for pricing accuracy. Good luck!
Maybe so Maybe not. I have owned and wheeled 80 series since the first new one I bought in 1996. Since then i have gone through 17 of them, some built some not. Factory lockers are not all that they are cracked up to be...They stick and don't always engage or disengage when you want them too. In my experience air locker work the best if you are a true wheeler. In any case this is a triple locked truck with only 72k miles and many more desirable upgrades. Personally I'd rather have a low mile truck with Air lockers that a high mile truck with Elockers.

The biggest difference is it not stock, the rigs that are bring the big money are all stock low mile Rigs that have not been modified Just saying 🤷‍♂️
This truck could be brought back to bone stock in a matter of hours. I have all the OEM stock components...running boards, roof rack, shocks, trailing arm, steering stabilizer and the rim could be redone to look better than new.

Put this on BAT. Crazy money people there. Less of those on Mud.

Seller knows what he has but doesn't have a clue who he's dealing with.

Sure, there may be the types here that'll drop the kind of money you're asking on what you're asking for, but what you're doing is the nearly the equivalent of trying to sell a luxury watch (e.g., Rolex) at Walmart.
Lol. Very true... I just wanted to put it out there.

Yea, he might be able to get what he's looking for - but it's not here. Most people here are looking for a good deal at minimum. I don't think this is flat out a bad deal, but it's not what 99% potential buyers/people on this forum are looking for. BaT would be a much better avenue for trying to get what the seller feels the truck deserves. Even then, I'm skeptical it'd bid up higher than $50k, but at least there he'd have a chance.
There was a Red 1997 with 94k mile that sold for $84,500 a few months back. Where are people going to get a truck under 100k miles? There are fewer and fewer coming up and they aren't going to get any cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom