Builds Mountain Goat '18LX build thread (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Chrisleduc1 was the Harrop SC abandoned? I just read through your whole build and saw a post mentioning that you were going to test an intercooler back in 2019, but didnā€™t see it come back up after that.

Gorgeous truck šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼

Well, just a heads up.. I may be selling šŸ˜¬

itā€™s just not big enough for what we do. And my kids are only getting bigger šŸ˜¬

I picked up a cherry 7.3 excursion with under 50k miles on it. Itā€™s no 200 series for sure. But I think it might be better suited for us long term.

Iā€™ll prob price it at average cost for year and mileage, (2018 with I think 22k miles) and then add cost of parts and no labor. At this point, so many parts are out of stock and some many many months out, having to pay my cost isnā€™t bad, with free labor.

Besides, I gotta pay the Kelderman suspension system somehow šŸ˜¬

Well, just a heads up.. I may be selling šŸ˜¬

itā€™s just not big enough for what we do. And my kids are only getting bigger šŸ˜¬

I picked up a cherry 7.3 excursion with under 50k miles on it. Itā€™s no 200 series for sure. But I think it might be better suited for us long term.

Iā€™ll prob price it at average cost for year and mileage, (2018 with I think 22k miles) and then add cost of parts and no labor. At this point, so many parts are out of stock and some many many months out, having to pay my cost isnā€™t bad, with free labor.

Besides, I gotta pay the Kelderman suspension system somehow šŸ˜¬
Bummer. You were my inspiration! :confused:

Yea, this is lame.

Too bad - I think you broke ground with this 2016+ LX build! I do love and Excursion though!
Iā€™m really enjoying the excursion. For this stage of life, I think itā€™s the right vehicle. And the 7.3s with low mileage that are really clean are getting harder and harder to come by. They literally are appreciating.

Iā€™m really enjoying the excursion. For this stage of life, I think itā€™s the right vehicle. And the 7.3s with low mileage that are really clean are getting harder and harder to come by. They literally are appreciating.

Yes, Iā€™m surprised you found one that isnā€™t clapped out. The 7.3 is a million mile motor, and the super duty chassis can hold up to a lot of abuse. GL!

Well, here is my official sale thread:

Got it back from detail today and man I hate to let this thing go... I was amazed that all the scratches came out and its like new..
IMG_3500.jpeg
IMG_3469.jpeg

I went ahead and reduced the price 5K :meh:

Bro if I had the garage space or less mods on my 4Rnr to sell it. I would buy this truck in a heartbeat. Wife loves her LC200 and I would love to own one as well. Best of luck selling it.

Man.. I find myself looking at older LXs, and considering what my wife would do to me if I bought an older LX to go along with the Excursion šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚
Problem is I currently have 4 Excursions that I acquired while looking for the right one.
But Iā€™m thinking, if I can get rid of the other 3 Exs and this LX, surely she wonā€™t mind me getting an older LX, just because...

Did anyone have an older LX570 before moving to a 16+? Iā€™m curious as to what you think the shock would be for me? To be fair, Iā€™m already going from an 18LX to either an 01 Excursion or an 03 with a 2015 interior, but either way itā€™s still a massive step down, which really doesnā€™t bother me for as little as I drive.

Man.. I find myself looking at older LXs, and considering what my wife would do to me if I bought an older LX to go along with the Excursion šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚
Problem is I currently have 4 Excursions that I acquired while looking for the right one.
But Iā€™m thinking, if I can get rid of the other 3 Exs and this LX, surely she wonā€™t mind me getting an older LX, just because...

Did anyone have an older LX570 before moving to a 16+? Iā€™m curious as to what you think the shock would be for me? To be fair, Iā€™m already going from an 18LX to either an 01 Excursion or an 03 with a 2015 interior, but either way itā€™s still a massive step down, which really doesnā€™t bother me for as little as I drive.
I seriously considered a 16+ LX before settling on my '15. The interior is undoubtedly nicer in the newer models as are the headlights. Otherwise, I didn't feel the 30K in difference between the 2. I don't think the '13-'15 model years would be that much of a shock at all. I can't speak to the earlier years though.

Older interior isnā€™t bad. If you have a plan for the alternative navigation system itā€™s a non issue imho.

Agree with the above. We drove a 13, 15, and 16 and easily concluded that the interiors were not substantially different other than the addition of the joystick.

If you find a 13-15 in good condition, you wonā€™t miss a beat. Especially after driving an Excursion around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom